Corporate Service Levels and Priorities

Martyn Houghton

We are in the process of implementing the new Corporate Service Level options and at the same time expanding our services to include a number of additional service desks. In terms of setting up the different service levels this is fine and I can create the different working time calendars (as some are different time zones etc), but then are hitting a bit of a brick wall in terms of the 'Priorities'.

The different service desks have different number of priorities options, names and service levels. Though I can setup the service levels as separate Corporate Service Levels, I got a bit suck on the priorities, as these are 'generic' values which are not linked to the Service/Corporate Service Levels. Also in my case it is just really the 'priority' that determines the service level applied, rather than organisation or who it is etc, so my only option it to use the standard priority field.

slrule.png.ad063218fa7c42cd6bde3ed5873102dd.png

This then introduced another issue that I did not want all my customers from different service being presented with a long list of different priorities who naming conventions are different and most will not apply to their service/corporate service levels. The work around we are using at the moment is to have a custom form, rather than the standard priority form, in the progressive capture to present a simple list of priorities that apply to the service that the PC is used for. Then we have to put into the BPM as first actions a number of decision nodes to actually set the priority value. In essence we will have lots of different priorities setup, but will hide them from the customers by using custom forms in every one of our 100+ services.

It would be really useful to have the ability map priorities to a service, the same way you can map corporate service level to them, which would mean the standard progressive capture priority form would then only display the list of priority values which apply to said service. This would make it much easier to maintain and flexible where you have multiple SLA contracts to manage.

Cheers

Martyn

• 6 months later...

@James Ainsworth

Just wondering if there is any further information on the plans for configurable/linking priorities to the Corporate Service Levels. For example I have the a number of services where each service is linked to five different SLM, which has different number and names of priorities for each. 

At the moment I am attempting to to deal with this in the progressive capture branch based on organisation id, in order to present a filtered list of priorities in a custom form, but it would be so much easier to manage if the system held a relationship between SLM and priorities so the generic priorities form can be used in the progressive capture. In our case the organisation would determine which SLM applies and therefore the priorities which are available to the client.

Cheers

Martyn

• 1 year later...

@HGrigsby

Helen,

At the moment there has been no change in the product, so we are still using a custom form/conditional fields to display the correct list of 'Priorities' which apply the organisation.

Since logging the request, we have got even more varieties of different priority names in our system. 

Hopefully James will be able to provide an update on the change proposed originally.

Cheers

Martyn

• 1 month later...

Hi @Philip Hanlon

Thanks for your post.

We still have this work in our backlog.  The priorities touch on a lot of areas within Service Manager so it is something that is challenging to assure that we don't change existing functionality, while adding new options.  I'll add to you the change and we will update the post was it progresses.

Regards,

James