Request update notification for customer

Lyonel

Hi, this might be a duplicate and a silly question but just in case I will ask. When an update is posted on a request, customers do no receive any emails. Is there a setting somewhere to change this? Is it at all possible? Thanks in advance for your help.

@Lyonel there is no such option I'm afraid. However we provide 2 separate actions on request, one being "Update" which does what the word implies, creating an update on the request timeline. The other is "Email" which has the same functionality as "Update" with the added action of actually emailing the update to request customer. The analyst should choose which one to use depending of the need to inform the customer of the respective update.

@Lyonel We've just been through this same conversation - this is one of the areas where what seems to be a "missing feature" is simply a case of not thinking Supportworks and starting to think Service Manager.

Now I've explained to my troops that you email the customer when necessary and that updates the timeline, you don't update the timeline and and that emails the customer when necessary (a small but significant change!) they've got to grips with the new method.