Resolution Categorys

Graham1989

Hi,

Overnight our Resolution categories appear to have disappeared. If I into any of our services and go into Request Configuration the request category level shows as normal but the resolution category level shows the following message:

There are no categories currently available for selection.

These were working yesterday afternoon and no updates have been installed since then. The categories still show in the Admin system under System>Data>Profiles along with the request categories, but do not seem to be picked up by the live system.

Any ideas on how this can be fixed?

Thanks

Graham

@Graham1989 Is this happening for all Services and request types or just some?

In this example, AppleTV is the last in the structure so there's nothing to select below it which is one reason you would see this message. Could this be the case?

sNJ55mV.png

@Graham1989 if you have a category level configured on service, for that request type, then you will experience this issue. This is something we recently found and was also reported by our customers ( @gwynne FYI). This is currently being investigated.

As a temporary workaround I would advise to remove the category level definition in service configuration. No the most elegant solution as it will require analysts to go thorough the entire category tree to select the correct category but I hope it won't be too much of an inconvenient until we have a permanent fix.

EDIT: just saw your reply now, this might be something different (for resolution category) . Above advise still applies fro "Request Category" where I can see you have "Incident" configured. I'll have a quick look to see about the resolution and get back to you shortly.

Something that surfaced after 2.29... is related to the way the category is saved on request, whereby it will not retain all the structure... Is currently being fixed by dev.

Had a quick look on you service configuration and it appears I can't see the same message displayed for resolution categories. Have you changed this?

REQUEST_CONFIG.PNG

@Graham1989 we will log an incident for you and have a look at this behavior. 

The workaround I was referring to is remove "request category" and "resolution category" configuration for the services. Temporarily. Then you (your analysts) should be able to select the categories but you will see the whole tree structure (i.e. Incident and Change categories) but at least you will be able to select one for the moment...

Thanks for the update Victor - we patched to 2.29 and can't use our resolution profiles.

We see the following - "There are no categories currently available for selection"

Has there been any progress on this - we use the resolution profile for our reports. We have lost a few days worth of calls - hopefully not too many more.

3 hours ago, nasimg said:

Has there been any progress on this - we use the resolution profile for our reports. We have lost a few days worth of calls - hopefully not too many more.

Looking again, it looks like the update has already been made available in the Service Manager build 2.29.6.  Nasim, can you confirm once the update has been applied that this is now working for you. 

Many thanks,

James

I have removed the request category and resolution category, as previously recommended, as a workaround and I am also now getting reports from users that when selecting the request category in the progressive capture stage that the categories do not appear at all.

We have this set as a mandatory field which means that users are unable to raise calls, and in some cases have had to cancel and restart the process six times in order to be able to raise a call.

Are there any other suggestions for workarounds or solutions available?

There were a few different defects which were raised to cover slight variations of the problems that were happening with the Resolution Categories.  Some were patched with 2.29.6 and some additional fixes have been applied to the build 2.30.x which we are looking to release tomorrow provided that our tests are successful.

Regards,

James