Attachments on inbound emails

chriscorcoran

Intended behavior is that attachments are added to "Attachments" section in a request when logging/applying an email to a request, as you mentioned. If this is not the case can you give us a few examples and we will investigate this.

• 1 month later...

Hi

When a call is logged and has attachments the emails show in the attachments section, further updates by email with attachments stay with the email and its hard to identify if that update has an attachment, see  example below, you have to view every update and check if it has attachments, would be useful to have a paperclip or something to show that the update has an attachment.

ATTACHMENTS.png

• 1 month later...

When an email with attachments is sent to Hornbill, it appears in the support log, but the fact that attachments are present is not indicated anywhere that I can see. If I use "Show more" to see more of the email digest, there is still no indication of attachments.
Only when I select "More actions" -> "View email" do I see that there is an attachment present. This failure to indicate at the top level will make hunting for attachments that are known to be present
somewhere very time consuming. The addition of a per log entry icon in the top level view (which I assume would automatically be inherited by the "Show more" view) view would resolve this problem.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

We have recently provided an update to Service Manager that includes an option to select and include attachments when using an email to update an existing request. During the process of updating a request from an email, a tab called "attachments" lists all of the attachments that were included on the email. You are able to select which of the attachments you would like to include as attachments on the request.  More information about the Service Manager Mailbox Plug-in can be found here

Regards,

James

Hi @James Ainsworth

this seems to work only if you manually update a request from an email, we have auto-update email rules in place and if they are triggered the attachment is still only available if  I select to "View Email" from the timeline under "More Actions", same issue  if the email has inbedded images ,they are only visible if  I "View Email"  , not on the timeline view, no attachments  created  and no indication  on the timeline update that there is more info to be found inside the email .

Regards;

Ralf

On 19/04/2016 at 6:25 PM, Victor said:

Intended behavior is that attachments are added to "Attachments" section in a request when logging/applying an email to a request

@Ralf Peters to quote myself in my above statement, this was valid when doing a manual update with the revised functionality in the latest SM updates... However the AR functionality does not have the functionality to add attachments to "Attachments" section of a request... as far as I know.. I will double check. If this is correct then it would be subject to a functionality change...

Hi @Ralf Peters

Apologies, but I had missed out that this update is just for manual updates and doesn't apply to the Email Routing Rules.   There are a few different requirements asked for in the above thread and this is only covering the manual updates.  We do have additional changes in our backlog to improve the management of attachments when using Email Routing Rules along with better visualization in the timeline that an email includes attachments.  I will continue to update this thread as we make further progress in this area.

Regards,

James