Updating Description field - custom question

Hi Kelvin,

Not sure what your asking. What summary and description fields are you refering to? Are you talking about summary and description of a request linked to a BPM process?

You would need a specific flowcode script to perform such an update and you would then use that flowcode script in your BPM process. I believe our flowcodes are locked down so the service manager team would have to create said flowcode script to do what you need.

Cheers

Sorry for not being more accurate

I currently use

post-12043-0-34640200-1460453495.png

However I would like to update the Summary field with the answer from a question I asked in the Progressive capture custom form.

post-12043-0-38980400-1460453596.png

Let me know if you need more details.

Hi Kelvin,

Ok so one of my colleagues Alex Tumber has informed be this has been talked about before but there currently isn't a solution available.

By the way just so you know I am not really involved in the service manager team. I look after the development of the BPM and Progressive capture front end designer in the admin tool.

From my perspective what we need is to have a process node that runs a flowcode (or a new fetch Progressive Capture Results node) that returns the related progressive capture info for the request. We could then modify the BPM admin designer to understand that progressive capture info and let you reference it in other bpm process node fields (like the summary and description).

Let me have a discussion internally and i will let you know what the ouctome is. Hopefully something can be planned in.

Cheers

• 4 weeks later...

Was there any further update on this as it is causing us some issues with making the request list easy to use when we dont use the "Request Details" form.

Hi Kevin,

I know that a database change was needed and an application change to then populate new db fields. After that is done I believe the apps team just need to provide a flowcode script that you can call and then you can reference the progressive capture answers in bindable fields.

I will speak to some of the analysts tomorrow to see if this can be prioritized.

I do know you can use an existing flowcode that loads 10 answers from a given progressive capture. I will ask one of our flowcode guys to post up some info which might provide a work around while this gets completed.

Cheers

Hi Kelvin

The development story to allow 'mapping' from the progressive capture questions to specific request fields (Summary / Description etc) is in our incoming queue but has not been started yet. This is a high priority change and we will post back once this is available.

Could you just confirm if it is actually the ability to update the Request Summary and other Request fields with the answers from your PC custom questions you are looking for? and or if you were looking to inject the answers from PC custom questions or request variables into say BPM Task or Authorisation description fields?

As Neil alludes to above, we are working on a solution to allow this, and there is some documentation on our wiki which refers to how you could achieve the injecting of request variables into tasks / authorisations nodes currently, ahead of the more menu driven approach which Neil and the team are working on?

https://wiki.hornbill.com/index.php/Request_Variables

Thanks

Steve

Hi Kelvin

Thanks for confirming the requirement. Unfortunately it is not possible to use the variables in the Update request node operation, this is currently just used in Task and Authorisation nodes.

We have the change you require in our immediate queue and as soon as this is available we will post back and let you know it is available.

Thanks

Steve

Hi Kelvin,

Actually yes you should be able to use the variable references in the automated task input params just as you have in your screenshot. There is a flowcode, which i assume you already know, where you can get the answers for a logged call for one of your custom pfc forms, you need to provide the formId. You just need to know in which answer your data is (answer1, answer2 etc).

So if you have a few pc flows just make sure the form where you capture that data you want has the same formId in all your capture flows, and the question is in the same position in the form.

There a currently 2 changes in progress that will make this a lot easier in the future.

Cheers

post-29-0-15225300-1463012403.png

Hi Kelvin

The Context Variable Picker which Neil and the team have been working on is now available in the Admin tool.

This will allow you to map the answers from a progressive capture custom form questions to the Summary and or Description fileds of the Request, amongst other benefits.

In order to use this, ensure you use the Get Information > Request Questions node ahead of the Update Request > Details Node. Ensure you specify the formid in the Get Information > Request Questions node configuration so that the correct custom form questions / answers are then available in the Update Request > Details Node.

Open the Details node configuration and in either the Summary and or Description text boxes select ctrl and left mouse click to reveal the Variable menu picker, select Flowcode Outputs and then select the question you wish to insert.

post-2671-0-16915200-1463436826.png

I hope this helps

Thanks

Steve

• 1 month later...

Hi Kelvin 

The latest Service Manager release now includes the ability the ability to map answers from Progressive Capture custom questions into request fields (Summary, Description and any of the custom fields).

More information is available on the wiki here:

https://wiki.hornbill.com/index.php/Progressive_Capture_Workflow#Mapping_Fields_from_Customised_Forms

Thanks

Steve

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Sorry to revive an old topic... could this functionality be extended the BPM editor as well? When i want to update the call details i do not get any option to update the Custom Fields.

Thanks,

Samuel

10 hours ago, NeilWJ said:

Hi Samuel,

So you meanb in the request update flowcode (automatic task) there are no input params to update the custom fields right?

Will get one of the analysts to look at modifying the existing flowcode.

Cheers

Hi Neil,

Yes in the Automated Task -> Update Request -> Details there is no option to update the Custom Fields.

Could I propose having similar to the above, but this time it would be something like Automated Task -> Update Request -> Custom Fields and in here you get a full list of all the custom fields to be edited (A-H for example) .

Then it will be sImply to edit the one that applies to the process while having all the other options available under a single Automated Task in case more than 1 field need to updated at the same point.

Thanks,

Samuel

• Like 1