Amendments to Layout of Priority / Urgency in Incidents

Hello, we have noticed that some changes have been made and would like the order amended and the "None" option removed from the Priority dropdown please.

Priority (Current view as)

• No Priority Set
  • Low
  • Normal
  • High
  • Major
  • None
  • Medium

Urgency (Current View is)

• Non Urgency Set
  • Critical
  • High
  • Medium
  • Low

Can these be changed as follows:

Priority (Revised)

• No Proirity Set
  • Low
  • Normal
  • Medium
  • High
  • Major

(removing the None option)

Urgency (Revised to)

• Low
  • Medium
  • High
  • Critical

Thanks

We also have had a load of old disabled priorities appear in the portals. I can maybe fix it myself but i can even find the priority tab anymore, only got service and sla in service portfolio now

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Brhow said:

I can maybe fix it myself but i can even find the priority tab anymore

Hi @Brhow

The configuration for priorities was moved under the Service Manager Configuration over a year ago.  The old priorities tab under the Service Portfolio wasn't originally removed to allow customers some time to still access these settings in the old location while they learn about the new location.  Priorities themselves do not have any relationship with the Service Portfolio, so this location to configure request priorities didn't make sense.

I hope that helps.

image.png

10 hours ago, IM Wiltshire said:

and the "None" option removed from the Priority dropdown please.

You can edit the "None" priority and change the status to retired.  Once retired it will not be visible to any user.  We are also looking at options for permanent deletion but one has to be a bit more careful in case there are any workflows or rules using the priority that is being deleted.

image.png

19 hours ago, James Ainsworth said:

Hi @Brhow

The configuration for priorities was moved under the Service Manager Configuration over a year ago.  The old priorities tab under the Service Portfolio wasn't originally removed to allow customers some time to still access these settings in the old location while they learn about the new location.  Priorities themselves do not have any relationship with the Service Portfolio, so this location to configure request priorities didn't make sense.

I hope that helps.

image.png

thank you thats sorted it for me, im not sure why they suddenly started appearing in the portal yesterday but ive set them all to retired now

• 2 weeks later...

Was it the move to the new UI that caused previously retired levels to appear again?

I have updated our priority levels to retire "None" and "Medium" again, but for some reason they're still appearing in the list. I've also renamed them, so it does seem that changes are being reflected, but the retired status doesn't seem to remove them from the list.

image.thumb.png.264b6b60621d5f172f4d0ddc40734bbf.png

image.png.2f8aaa108cbf3e66031c0be4c5598c98.png

@Brhow - I'd just like to ask if setting these to retired actually made them disappear from the list on your instance? As per my comment above, I've set some to retired but they are still showing in Service Manager.

I thought maybe it was just a matter of it taking some time to sync or something, but they are still showing today.

I'm seeing similar issues here with the retired priorities appearing in Service Manager.

I tried creating a new test entry and setting it to "Retired" and even that appears in Service Manager:

image.png.2422adbcfaf9660b57129af60ac1ce49.png

image.thumb.png.c7e9d0285907db47894b6cfc0136b313.png

I am too scared to delete the default Low/Medium/High entries

This was only noticed since moving to the new UI.

@Steve Giller Hi Steve, this is from our incident process. The ticket was logged via self service and our process does not automatically assign a priority, so it started with "no priority set". I try to update the Priority and click Update. The colour of the Update button changes and I thought it was updated, but as you can see from the right hand side, the priority hasn't changed.

Similarly if I try to amend the priority on another incident which, when you click update - the button colour changes, but the priority does not update.

image.thumb.png.e3ab5936a870e31b99a6d66d93e0960e.png@