Clone / Copy a request

Hi All

I wanted to suggest a possible enhancement to the copy / clone request function please. I understand that at the moment if we clone a request it will call the previously used IC details / BPM. However, I wanted to request an enhancement if possible where we can choose the BPM to run the clone against please? Reason I ask is we often have a process that fails due to an error in the BPM configuration which is fixed by updating the BPM. However when we clone / copy I believe this calls the version it was raised against - what I wanted to ask is would it be possible to enhance the copy / clone feature so that we could choose the BPM to run against ? If its not possible no worries - our workaround is normally to raise the request internally for the customer calling the newly fixed / corrected BPM

Many thanks as always

Adrian

+1 for two reasons

1. when people clone a change request (like the last time they upgraded a system 6 months ago), it picks-up an old change workflow from before our last release and it scuppers the CR so I have to cancel it
  2. when we find issues in a production workflow that we can fix quite quickly and republish and want to copy the original request so we don't lose the questions data entry or Request field values, we have to re-log from scratch (as per Adrian's case)

I would always choose to "Proceed with Active Workflow" (the latest version of the workflow previously used) or "Proceed with Selected Workflow" than "Proceed with Original Workflow"

• Like 1

On 11/03/2024 at 12:01, Berto2002 said:

when people clone a change request (like the last time they upgraded a system 6 months ago), it picks-up an old change workflow

I've not looked into this, but my initial reaction is that this is the definition of "Copy"
Secondly, if you copy a Request this includes a set of answers - if the updated BPM references an answer that does not exist it will fail, so this appears to be a straightforward safety-net.

• Like 1

I recognise this potential for issues and for users this would be an issue.

From my perspective, the benefit of the choice would be to ADMINS like Adrian and myself where we can make an educated choice.

• Like 1

Hi Steve

Yes it is technically the definition of Copy but I was looking for some enhancement to the options when we clone. As Rob has suggested I would not offer this out to all users, but having this as an option at the Admin level would be beneficial for the scenario I laid out where copying a request uses the exsiting BPM. Whereas I have occassions where I fix an issue in the BPM that can not be overridden in the existing request so on this occassions I would like to copy request but be able to specify the BPM so that I can call the corrected BPM and not have the same error occur again

Many thanks

Adrian

Are you talking about this copy request feature?

image.png.9d2ae0e9d1c1a61c8a97a6d30d05926d.png

In my experience this uses the latest version of the BPM already, regardless of the BPM version of the original request.

(Apologies if you're referring to something else. Just curious if there's another similar feature I'm unaware of, or a system setting that affects how this works)

• Like 1