Unable to Manually Select Assessments in the BPM

Alistair Young

Hi all, 

... the clues are all in the title.

In Administration > Assessments, these are set as 'active'

In the BPM: requests > assessment > impact node has a drop-down arrow under Assessment > Manual, but! - nothing is listed. It allows me to type into the field but anything I key in vanishes.

I guess I am missing something! - any hints would be welcome. We've never been able to get around this so we've been unable to take advantage of impact assessments. Thanks!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Hi both, thanks for picking up,

The assessments have active questions / answers / weightings and the thresholds have been set [as have the impact/urgency levels], apologies I should have mentioned that in my initial post.

We've ended up with a number of 'test' assessments to try and coax it into availability in the BPM, nothing is showing in the node.

• Like 1

@Alistair Young

I've stepped through this to test:

• I added an Assessment - this did not appear in the Node's dropdown.
  • I added a Question to the Assessment - this did not make it appear.
  • I added Thresholds to the Assessment - this did not make it appear.
  • I added an Answer to the Assessment's Question - it immediately appeared in the Node's dropdown (without even refreshing)
    image.png

The only thing we haven't looked at here is whether you have Levels set up (Priorities and Impact/Urgencies) - if not does adding those make the Assessments available?

Thanks for the response :)

Browser is Chrome, I tried Edge with the same result so ... most likely something we're doing wrong. They say a picture is worth a thousand words, so ...

Here's the assessments and thresholds:

image.thumb.png.d888b8cee177679f91495b724452af74.png

Couple of test answers:

image.png.e05824d885714fb87c4caf95fc51547b.png

The answers to one of the questions:

image.thumb.png.5e069c618e1fa9fbe7da31731b4b0af4.png

The set-up for a question:

image.thumb.png.4f0d3116c826bf916ade0e4ab13d2963.png

And finally: 

image.thumb.png.476e25c3a8eea1198a0f6b5d824745ee.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I don't suppose there's any other tips to get this working, is there?

I've just tried setting up a fresh test assessment but again, no dice: nothing appears in the drop-down on the Assessment node when I select 'manual'.

Added some samey screenshots, can anyone see where I'm going wrong?

image.png

image.png

image.png

• Like 1

Hi @Alistair Young

I'm afraid that I still haven't been able to replicate this issue.  I'll try and do some more tests.  May I ask if this was an existing BPM node that you recently added to the workflow?  My only thought here is that maybe there is something wrong, some corruption, with that particular node behind the scenes.  You could try deleting that assessment node and then add it back in again to see if that makes a difference.  For obvious reasons, I don't have access to your data so I can't directly investigate the issue.  

I've had another go at trying to replicate it, but it still seems to be working for me every time.

You could have a look at the built-in browser developer tools, in particular with Chrome.

1. While Chrome is open and you are on the workflow view that has the assessment automation attributes open, use the F12 key to open the developer tools

2. Select the Network tab

3. Click on the Clear button to clear the view

4. In the workflow designer, click on the drop-down on the Assessment field

You should see some results on the right-hand side starting with the Response.  You should see all of the defined assessments shown here.  You can also click on the Preview tab, next to Response and see if there are any visible errors.

image.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

@James Ainsworth @Steve Giller I don't suppose there's any movement on this is there?

I've just deleted all the 'test' assessments we'd created and made a completely new one, as well as starting a fresh workflow with a single assessment node - I get the same blank field as seen in the screenshots. 

If there's any requirement to check our specific instance, I'm more than happy to agree to it. Otherwise I'm also happy to try anything else you suggest!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Steve G said:

@Alistair Young 

Just to confim as discussed, this has been accepted as a defect by the development team and will be fixed in an upcoming update of Service Manager. Please check the release notes in the announcements forum for when this fix is deployed. 

Cheers,

Steve

Thanks for sorting it! - and please pass on my regards to Mr deWaal, much appreciated.