Customised form - is it possible to map the priority?

Estie

Hi,

I have a new customised IC which contains a field for an Analyst to add a priority to a request.  The field is a dynamic drop down from a simple list which contains the Priority names.

Is there a field that I can map to directly so that I can pick up the priority in the business process?

I have tried mapping to a custom field (both text and integer types) and also tried to map the Priority ID to the custom field.

Although the priority is showing in the questions section of a request, the priority of the ticket is not changing.

I know there is a default priorities form, however I would like to try and reduce the pages of the IC to one customised form.

I would be grateful for any help on this.

Firstly, the only fields that can be mapped to are the ones on the Mapping Fields from Customised Forms page.

The method to achieve what you want here is to have the Priority Name as the Simple List's Display Value, the Priority ID as the Simple List's Raw Value, and then use the Question's Raw Value (containing the ID) to populate the the Update Request->Priority's "Priority" parameter in the Business Process.

The caveat here is that if you accidentally use the Display Value it will fail to update the Priority, and you will need to update the Simple List any time you add/remove/edit Priorities.

Thanks Steve, I did already try that although I just used a static dropdown in the IC.  So I will try it using a simple list and let you know if it works.

Do you mean if we add/remove/edit the overall Priorities or if we update the priority in the request after it is initially set (eg using the action icon)?

13 minutes ago, Estie said:

Do you mean if we add/remove/edit the overall Priorities or if we update the priority in the request after it is initially set (eg using the action icon)?

Only if you change an actual Priority, generating a new Name or ID - e.g. if you have Low (1), Medium (2), High (3), Urgent (4) and you add Critical (5) you'll need to update the List to add Critical (assuming you allow the Customer to select that)
Alternatively if you deleted Medium (2) and realised you still need it so added it back, it would probably now be Medium (6) so you'd need to update the Simple List's Raw Values.