Is there a limit on the number of updates that a request can have?

Guest Paul Alexander

Guest Paul Alexander

We've got a request which is 'shared' with quite a few customers (it's a request for a training course for a number of people) and the emails seem to have suddenly stopped updating the request. 

My only thought here, as the updates have been happening successfully for ages, is that there's a limit on the number or size of emails which can be applied to a request? Is there a limit please?

thanks

1 hour ago, Paul Alexander said:

there's a limit on the number or size of emails which can be applied to a request?

There is no limit on the number, as far as I'm aware.
The size is set with the mail.inbound.maxMessageSize setting.
security.fileUploadRestriction.mail.fileAttachments.enable and security.fileUploadRestriction.mail.fileAttachments.types restrict attachment types.

There may be other settings that I've missed, hopefully someone will jump on if that's the case.

Guest Paul Alexander

Thanks @Martyn Houghton and @Steve Giller

Not sure what's happening with this request, but it seems that SOME emails just aren't updating the request automatically (I've checked that the sender is 'in the system' and that they have access to the service etc).

I'll keep an eye on it and will report to support if it happens again.

@Paul Alexander how many timeline updates are on that request? There was a performance issue recently whereby certain request actions will fail to complete if the request had a large amount of timeline updates... afaik it has been addressed. I would say wait until the SM update tomorrow then after keep an eye on that request and see if any further such issues...

• Like 1

Guest Paul Alexander

Hi @Victor

I think there are 109 timeline entries on this request...

It seems to be behaving today (there's been a couple more email updates this morning, which have worked) but I'll keep an eye on it, thanks.

Guest Paul Alexander

Hi @James Ainsworth

I haven't been told of any more problems (and to be honest I haven't asked) but I reckon that, if it was still a problem, I'd have been told. 

So no , I don't think it's a problem anymore thanks.