Email Updates to Resolved Requests

Jeremy

I was wondering if anyone can help, I have found a bit of a 'hole' in our process!

When a request is in a resolved state, if a customer sends an email response to an 'update' email then this adds the update to request but the analyst doesn't see this as the job is resolved and this does not re-open the request therefore after 7 ish days the job closes with the follow up being missed.

With 'closed' requests these emails are set not to apply and so our Service Desk can then decide the most appropriate action, can this be implemented for resolved requests?

@Jeremy as you have probably noted, there is the setting app.email.routing.rules.allowClosedCallUpdates.IN controls updates to closed requests.  Unfortunately there doesn't appear to be a matching setting for resolved requests.  We would probably need an enhancement for this.  I have therefore tagged it as such.

@Jeremy

Does the application of the email to the request via the Auto Responder change the status of the request?

The other way you could possible trap it in the BPM is to check if the suspend node above expired so it safe to go forward to Close or the suspend was exited early due to the update of the request?

Cheers

Martyn

@Martyn Houghton no the request stays Resolved, if you have email notifications turned on for updates/or happen to see it change colour in the resolved requests then we notice it.

The issue only occurs when the customer responds to an 'update' email, if they respond to the 'resolved' email then it sits in the inbox to be dealt with. In the rules there are no options to say apply to only 'open' requests.

@Jeremy

For different reason, i.e. not being able to pause the SLA Timers when set to Resolved, we use an On-Hold Sub-Status of Solved, which then uses the same suspend node. But the key difference is that that the application of  an email does update the status and we set the request back to a Open status for the Analyst to review.

If the customer is just emailing back to confirm closure, the analyst has the open to immediately set to Resolved/Closed without going through the solved route again, as well as go back into the main investigation part of the workflow if the issues has not been resolved.

If the on hold period expires the request is automatically set to Stop the Resolution Timer, Resolve and Close the request without any further suspend.

Cheers

Martyn

@Martyn Houghton I understand why you may want to do as you have described and it makes sense, but for us we prefer to resolve requests so that they are removed from view and dealt with unless they need to be re-opened. I will hope that Hornbill either have a new setting to not add emails to resolved requests or a change the mail rules to set what statuses you can update.