Request list - Showing Scheduled timings

NickH

Morning all,

Is there a way that I can show (where they exist) the scheduled times for a request in the request list view.

Example being a Change that has been scheduled, it would be good to see those times in the request list. I appreciate users can (and maybe should) use the change calendar, but I've had a few users saying it would be useful to have that info available when looking at the list of changes, and I tend to agree with them. I assume as the data exists against the request, it's available somehow in that view? I've not gone down the path of mapping those times to custom fields and displaying them that way, and tbh honest I'd rather not if possible.

• 2 weeks later...

we have gone down the route of added these to a custom date field and then displaying these as a column in a view, as it's the only current way to use this data.

but it would be nice to have this as a column to add to the view.

@Jeremy  Using your method I presume that means that if the Scheduled Date/Time is changed (as I don't think this can be 'frozen') then it is not updated in the List View as the Custom Fields are still holding the original values passed over when it completed the step in the BPM? 

On 8/21/2020 at 12:56 PM, Frank Reay said:

I presume that means that if the Scheduled Date/Time is changed (as I don't think this can be 'frozen') then it is not updated in the List View

@Frank Reay This is true, however once a change is authorised we lock nearly all the details so that they cannot be changed...except in certain circumstances.

@Frank Reay in the bpm you are able to lock the actions as per image below, there is also an option to lock the Request details which prevents people from changing the summary/descriptions. We lock 99% of these actions after authorisation, then we progress our changes with a human task to gather information about the change that they have just completed. Once the analyst completes their task and the request gets passed back to the change team we then unlock the actions that they are most likely to need, although again this stage is also task driven.

Bpmlockrequestactions.png

@Frank Reay Thinking about it you could have a task that asks if you want to change the scheduled date (assigned to a particular person/role/group for sanity reasons), with a date field in it then if this is completed and updated this could then update the custom field?

Via the BPM you can then update the scheduled time in the BPM driven from this task (image below) and just loop this task until it has been applied/actioned and then cancel the task....

image.png.65299071de5acdf46f59cb01bd1c27b6.png