service domains and sevice manager data

AndyGilly

Morning

we are considering a use case for a second IT domain to capture and enable processes for operational maintenance requests that are not customer facing SLA driven activities.

If we were to implement the domain I would need to be able to report separately the requests types across the 2 domains.

At this time I cannot see that the service domain is added to the service manager request table for each ticket. Would this be possible to make future reporting easy??

any help would be appreciated.

similar would also be a consideration for the implementation of any of the system domains

thanks

Andy

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi @AndyGilly

Although not specifically what you have requested, with the Service Manager update that will be applied to all customer instances tonight you can achieve this with a small update at the start of your Business Processes:

You firstly would add a "Get Request Information Node" - and ensure to select the Task "Service Details". From tomorrow, one of the attributes that this will return is the Domain associated with the service. 

Then you would follow it with an "Update Custom Field" node, where you would pick a Custom Field and inject the domain name. 

image.png

This way, you would have the Domain stored against the h_itsm_requests table for every ticket that is logged from that point forwards. 
It's not as ideal as having this occur by default in it's own dedicated column - but this is a simple way to achieve the same result for easier reporting today, without needing to wait for the change to be approved and implemented. 

Kind Regards

Bob

• Like 1

Morning @AndyGilly

Yes this has been released and I can see it's been applied to your instance. 

The output you are looking for is called Service Domain - if you open the Get Request Information --> Service Details  node, you should see it in the output list:

image.png

Kind Regards

Bob

***EDIT - Sorry I noticed I named it "Domain Name" in my mock up screenshot above....this is probably what caused the confusion, my apologies!

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Morning @Deen, is this likely to be implemented? I am having the same problem as a result of implementing services for other departments within our business other than IT. As such I need us to be able to report against each domain separately including dashboard graphs etc. The fact this still isn't possible seems like a glaring omission after this long?

Thanks.

Steve 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Afternoon,

Im currently in the same situation here, we have set up our second domain and need to be able to split my reporting.

What is the latest with this work.

Diolch

Llyr

• 3 months later...