Asset Management - Owned by to support Organisation object as well as user.

Martyn Houghton

Linked to my earlier post (see below) about the ability to control visibility of asset information between the user and owner of an asset, can we request an enhancement to to allow the owner of a asset to be an Hornbill Organisation object as well as an individual user.

For example a Software or PC asset will be owned by the organisation/IT Team not an individual within the organisation.

Cheers

Martyn

Hi Martyn,

I was just wondering if you use the existing Department field for anything?  If not, and if ownership falls only under department, you could turn off the owner field and use the department field for this.  Or are there assets that you have that are owned by individuals?  There is also the Cost Center field under the financial section if there is more of a financial aspect to ownership.

image.png

@James Ainsworth

We do not currently user the Department or Company fields, but a few queries questions with this potential approach.

• Owner, Department, Company - are all related to internal objects, not external customers contacts and organisations.
  • For internal use, when assets are assigned to a Department is their use automatically inherited by all organisation objects beneath them? i.e. the teams that a sub ordinates of the department?
  • How do we locate and Link assets in Service Manager to those linked to the department? There is no Company or Department tab or filter option.

image.png.b613fd4858f33d51ffd0558c1505adb8.png

Cheers

Martyn 

18 hours ago, Martyn Houghton said:

Owner, Department, Company - are all related to internal objects, not external customers contacts and organisations.

Yes.  This is the case.  

For internal use, when assets are assigned to a Department is their use automatically inherited by all organisation objects beneath them? i.e. the teams that a sub ordinates of the department?

There is no inheritance.

How do we locate and Link assets in Service Manager to those linked to the department? There is no Company or Department tab or filter option.

We are adding Views and Advanced Filter to the assets list.  This should be available over the next few weeks.

• Like 1