Service Manager - Portal Translations

Martyn Houghton

As there is no interactive translation mode for the customer portal, I am trying to identify all the translation entries that would be applicable under the Translation options in each of the area's below, which would be applicable to the content displayed on the customer portal.

• Service Manager
  • Collaboration
  • System

We have done the bulk update by using the Google Translate integration but now need to correct some of these using our native specking staff. My aim is to do this first off by extracting the current translation entries so that they can be corrected off line by our team and then any changes copied back in manually via the admin tool. Then once this has been done we would then do a second phase of interactively going thorough the portal to determine if any further changes are required based on the context/placement.

To this end 

• What is the naming convention for portal entries in the Translation options for each app?
  • What table(s) are these held so that I can export them to Excel/CSV for the native speakers to correct?
  • Is there way to determine when viewing the customer portal the specific translation element being used to display the label/text?

Cheers

Martyn

• 2 weeks later...