Customer Handle in Request List

Alisha

Hello,

Is it possible to view the Customer Handle in the request list? Or the User ID?

In the Owner column, we can view the Handle of the analyst supporting the request, however we can't see the Handle in the Customer column.

Many thanks,
Alisha

Owner-Customer.jpg

Hi @Steve Giller,

Underneath 'Owner' on our request list, we can see 'Forename Surname User ID', which is also the same as our 'Handle' information. Underneath 'Customer' we only see 'Forename Surname', but would like to see 'User ID' as well, or the 'Handle', as shown in the User Account details.

Many thanks,
Alisha

User Account Details.jpg

Hi Alisha,

Thanks for your post.  Part of the reason for having the customer's first and last name displayed here rather than their handle was for easier recognition of the custom as the handle could be a nickname or just their first name or a shortened version of one of their names and in some cases we have seen emojis used within the handle.

For a support person it was felt that they would want to know the first and last name to make the user more identifiable, especially if they are dealing with thousands of users.

However, I can also see that the handle can also provide a good way of a user providing a preferred name that they wish to be called by when support are getting in touch.  I think that we do need to work on providing either a standard display name or provide options to let this be set.

Would you be happy to have the Handle used as the standard display name everywhere?

The columns are actual fields within the request.  In order to do this we would need to add a new field to store the handle as well as the customer name.   It becomes a challenge if we are storing handles against all the requests and the users are changing their handle.  These could easily become out of sync.

• 2 months later...

We have a similar issue with some users who really dislike their formal name (eg Joanna) which is their First Name. Their Handle Name is is the preferred name (eg Jo ...).

However in the Portal, the list of Requests shows Customer (eg Joanna) and I think I am correct in saying that list cannot be customised. In the Request itself there is again reference to Customer - in fact the Handle name is used sparingly. I don't foresee changes in Handle names being a major problem (surnames are changed far more regularly and much more problematic - we have to create a new user and the user cannot then see their old Requests! But that is a separate issue!!).

We would certainly like to have Handle name as an option so that it is made more available. This would also require us to be able to customise the columns in the Request List in the portal.

Frank

Hi Frank,

Thanks for your post. 

We do have a change in our backlog which will provide a setting where one can select the format for displaying user names. It may include options such as Full Name, Handle, Handle (User ID), etc.  Initially it may not cover all areas where user names are displayed, but it will allow us to apply this over time.  We were going to start with the Owner information on a request, and expand from there.  I'll add the other mentioned areas from the discussions above where this can be applied.

I'll update this post once this change is available.

Regards,

James