Cannot Create Assets

Jeremy

Currently, we cannot add any Assets manually into the database we have tried with two users who could enter these details, but when you click Create at the bottom nothing happens and the asset is not created.

Please help.

Hi @Jeremy

The first thing to look at is if there are any mandatory fields that need to be populated.  Is the user getting the following message?

image.png

Fields that are mandatory will be highlight in red, but you may need to expand the different sections to expose these.

image.png

You can control which fields are required by changing the options on the Asset Type.

image.png

If this is not the issue, then I would suspect that it is to do with the Rights or Roles.

Regards,

James

A long shot @Jeremy but could you try disabling the Grammarly extension.   We have not had any other report of this happening and I'm unable to replicate so it at the moment I'm thinking it may be something to do with your environment. Which browser are you using?  Maybe also worth trying in a different browser.

Hi @Jeremy

could you show which properties are set to visible and which one are not ?  General properties and Additional properties.

I would like to create an asset type with the same configuration as yours, and see if I can replicate the issue.

Thanks

Armando

@Jeremy

the scheduled tasks against assets appear on the right hand side of the asset page. They can be created if you click the icon next to Activities.

In order to create and view tasks, the asset must be In Policy. To put an asset In Policy, you need to have Configuration Manager installed. 
With Configuration Manager installed, you will see an icon on top right of the asset page (see screenshot). If you click on it, it will open the  Explorer for that asset, where you you can put it In Policy .

Hope this helps

Armando

image.png