Sub-Status changes on Customer Resopnse

Mark (AVDC)

Despite always having had this set and working, recently there appears to be an intermittent issue where it sometimes will or won't update it.  I think this started happening 1-2 weeks ago. Do I need to make any changes in the console to correct this?

Man thanks in advance.

Mark

H.JPG

Guest Ehsan

Hi @Mark (AVDC),

Thank you for getting in touch with us and we are sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this functionality. As this is an intermittent issue, I will take a look to firstly confirm that there is no obvious bug with Sub-statuses. In the event that I can't recreate the problem, I will try to understand how we can take a step forward and debug this further.

Ehsan

Guest Ehsan

I had a look and I can see that the Sub-status is updated correctly when a Request comes off hold or when a customer updates the Request via the Portal. 

@Martyn Houghton That is indeed a good point. To clarify @Mark (AVDC), you can set a Sub-status to be updated via the Admin Tool or the Service definition (depending on where you created it).

If you had created the Sub-statuses through the Admin Tool (https://admin.hornbill.com/[YOUR INSTANCE]/ -  "Service Manager" Tile > "Configuration" Tile > "Request Sub-statuses" Tile), you'll be able to see the Auto Update option beside each Sub-status.

image.png

If you had created the Sub-statuses through your Service's definition (Service Portfolios > [Open your Service] > Request Config Tab > [Request Type] Tab > Request Sub-statuses section), you'll see a slider within each Sub-status's box, as below.

image.png

It would be great if you could confirm these settings for us.

There is some information on Sub-statuses within our Wiki too with an interactive video for guidance:

Ehsan

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

We too are getting this issue - we are still in a 'testing' phase at the moment, very soon going to go live and our requests are no longer coming off-hold when a customer update is done via the portal.

It used to work but is no longer working (testing last week and today) identified this.

Please can someone have a look into this.

Many thanks

Steve.

Hi,

We are still getting this issue.  We have validated that the sub-statuses are set-up correctly (and we know this to be correct as we did have it working).

Very strange how it has just suddenly stopped working for us.

Any help that anyone can give would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Steve.

• 4 weeks later...

With thanks to @Martyn Houghton and @Ehsan for your assistance.  Sorry for the lateness of my reply - I was hoping I would have been prompted you had done, but looking (out of curiosity) I see I've missed your kind replies.

I can confirm nothing is set up in the Admin Tool (https://admin.hornbill.com/[YOUR INSTANCE]/ -  "Service Manager" Tile > "Configuration" Tile > "Request Sub-statuses" Tile) as it's all empty.  I've actually set it up like this:

image.thumb.png.7054e90aedaa62e232013758e37ff1a0.png

Does that look correct? Incidentally, the issue seems to have gone away recently - again despite making no changes. Maybe it was in the 'back-end'?

Many thanks
Mark

@Mark (AVDC) - from what I can see in the screenshot, is that you have a sub-status configured for customer response and auto 0ff-hold: Action Required. But it seems this sub-status is not included/configured to be part of automatic status change:

image.png

So, basically you need to turn this ON:

image.png

• Like 1