Visibility Issue

Dan Munns

Hi all, 

When I set attachments to 'Team' under visibility I have noticed that other users outside of the owning team can still see them.

The user is in a supporting team for the request but surely shouldn't be able to see items set to team visibility when she is not a member of the owning team.

Am I missing something somewhere? 

Also could we have the visibility option of 'Authoriser' added whereby they can only see the items if they are named in one of the authorisation nodes within the BPM for the request? 

@Dan Munns 

2 hours ago, Dan Munns said:

any ideas? 

er... yeah.. !?... er... wipe them out...? all of them...? or execute order 66? ... I suspect however that you are looking for a serious answer here... so

20 hours ago, Dan Munns said:

When I set attachments to 'Team' under visibility I have noticed that other users outside of the owning team can still see them.

As far as I am aware this is intended behavior and long as the other teams have the right to access the request. On the chance that I am wrong here @James Ainsworth and/or @Steven Boardman might be able to give us more details on how exactly is this intended to work and if we have a defect here or not...

@Victor @Josh Bridgens all I can find on the Wiki is from the 'Assign Action Item' page: This seems to indicate that team is the current team working on the request.

Visibility
Decide if the assign action post on the timeline of the request will be customer facing or private to the team working on the request.

This seems to indicate that team is the current team working on the request, which was my understanding of it. I thought it was so that notes could be added on a request that may have a member from another team without fear of data leakage. 

As I said I can't seem to find a page on the wiki that states the exact usage of the visibilities (although that may well be my search-foo skills lacking today)