Change Calendar - Auto Add

Jeremy

As part of the PCF when logging changes we ask our analysts to chose a date that they want to apply the change. We are trying to find a way to use this date to populate the Start Time for the change calendar entry as part of the Add to Change Calendar Automated Task. In the wiki, it suggests you can add it from a certain day but not one that has already been chosen, has anyone found a way to do this? As we are currently looking at doubling up on the work and manually adding this to the calendar via the Suspend wait for Schedule option... Thanks in advance

The adding and removing of a Change Schedule can be automated within the BPM Workflow.

• Add to Change Calendar

The From and To dates are set by selecting the number of days from the point that this step in the process is reached. For example Start this change 5 days from now and finish in 6 days from now. The corresponding dates will be automatically added.

Essentially when you go through the process of adding the node:

image.png.a7e325eb8e182b2f88e8f2c59c558a8b.png

It would be great if you had the options similar to placing things on hold e.g.

image.png.1401bd3933cc7dd60e0ccfa330fff813.png

The end sigma would then take you to the PCF answers where the date field can be chosen....

Guest Ehsan

Hi @Jeremy,

As you've pointed out, Add to Change Calendar Automated Task currently only allows you to supply a pre-defined/known Date / Time value. We could enhance this Automated Task o allow you to set the Date / Time value using a Progressive Capture answer (i.e. using the Variable Picker in the BPM designer). I will feed this back to the team and ask for a Change to be raised to provide the option to supply Date / Time value using the Variable Picker.

Thanks,

Ehsan

Guest Ehsan

@Jeremy,

As you can imagine, we have a backlog of Changes and they are prioritised based on interest and the long-term road map. There is a 90-day development board, which you can access through My Service Manager Service via https://success.hornbill.com/hornbill/ to find out what we're working on and what upcoming Changes are planned within the next 90 days. This particular change will make it through to the queue in the coming months but unfortunately it'll not be available in the short term.

I would be interested to get feedback from other users in the Hornbill community in relation to this change.

Thanks,

Ehsan

+1 Allowing us to schedule with a date / time picker and/or variable would be very helpful. 

Especially as I am currently using the API scheduler to create change requests to add to the calendar for all our known scheduled 3rd party changes. 

Having to work out the time from logging to adding to the calendar in hours / minutes etc is a huge pain. 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...