Personalisation using variables on the Service Portal

dwalby

Hi all,

I've just seen a recent blog on the SITs site providing some of the benefits of self-service, see here: https://www.servicedeskshow.com/blog-spot/5-reasons-must-self-service-portal/?utm_campaign=SITS+Insight+-+8+Feb+2018+-+Newsletter&utm_source=emailCampaign&utm_medium=email&utm_content=

One of the points they mention is personalisation and suggest having a "Welcome [name] to the self-service portal" greeting to demonstrate the recognition of who they are. My thinking is this would work well on the home page text/bulletin.

My question therefore is whether it is possible to use a variable, or similar to achieve the above?

I've just tried using the {{.H_fk_user_name}} variable but unfortunately this didn't work. I note that there's a Profile section on the self-service portal containing the users name, etc. so the information is there, it's just whether it can be utilized on the home page I guess.

Thanks in advance

@dwalby

Ha, funny you should mention that, we are currently working on our next major incarnation of the service portal (more news on that soon) and one of the many new things it includes is exactly what you are suggesting :) 

Watch this space...

Gerry

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Gerry said:

@dwalby

Ha, funny you should mention that, we are currently working on our next major incarnation of the service portal (more news on that soon) and one of the many new things it includes is exactly what you are suggesting :) 

Watch this space...

Gerry

Looking forward to finding out more! :)

Re. @dwalby's post, having a bit of text such as "Hello [Name]" seems to be a nice touch that would make users feel more welcome when they access the Portal... and the fact you mentioned that this is one of the many new features truly makes the "not knowing" about the others all the more thrilling. I will be keeping a closer eye on the forums for any updates :D.

Many Thanks,

Samuel

• 3 weeks later...