Viewing Sites within Service Manager

dwalby

Hi all,

We have a number of remote sites, some which require very little in the way of IT support and therefore rarely get visited. On the occasion we do need to visit them however, it'd be good to be able to see the address, (maybe a link to Google maps, like there is when viewing organisations image.png.19387a7545fbbe95e65fcfd9c77fb410.png), open requests at that site, assets possibly? etc. Unless this is already possible?

We already have all of our sites setup within Service Manager, however the only way I can see they can be viewed is within the admin section here: Home > System > Organisational Data > Sites. Of which isn't accessible to all of our analysts. It just seems a shame that the data is there, however not available to the analysts.

Thanks in advance

I don't think you can do that with Sites, but you appear to be able to access the address for the Organisation; also there are a number of custom fields for the customer which could hold Site Addresses if your customers don't move around from site to site.
Not sure if they'll help as a workaround.

Hi @dwalby

Thanks for your post.

One of the things that I'm investigating at the moment is to see if we can provide some information on a User's profile where their primary site is listed.  Possibly a hover-over popup that shows the address.  We can also look to do something similar in the Request details.  I'll let you know what the outcome is.

Regards,

James

• Like 1

Hi @dwalby,

I've placed a change for adding a view that can be reached by a link from anywhere in the system. So basically when you see the site name you will be able to click on it and you will be taken to the site details in the same Collaboration Core.

The only thing is that this can take some time to be developed because of other priorities but I'll keep you informed.

Daniel.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hi @dwalby

I just wanted to let you know that there has been an update for this requirement.  Already available is the ability to access the Site data from a User's profile page.  If a user has a site associated to them under the About tab, this will now be a clickable link which will show the details of the Site.

We have also completed some work on the request where the Site that has been provided in the description of a request will also be a clickable link that will open the same site form.  This is a couple of Service Manager updates away and should be available over the next few weeks.  

Regards,

James

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hi @dwalby

I just wanted to let you know that the second mentioned change has been completed and is available within the live environment.  This change makes the Site name that is stored within the request's description clickable and will open of the site details form. 

image.png

I hope this helps.

Regards,

James

• Like 1