Change Schedule automation

nasimg

When staff raise a change, they add a start and end time, but I have to add this again manually to the Change Schedule as I believe the current Change BPM can't add these values automatically (sorry I can't remember why). I do recall being told this was being investigated but as its been a while since my initial query, I wondered has this been fixed or is it on your radar to be corrected.

This together with my other Change Process issue  (where the wrong service is being selected) would be really nice to get fixed sooner rather than later.

Regards

Nasim

Hi @nasimg

In Progressive Capture when raising a ticket we don't have a default form for adding start and end dates for a Change.   Have you created a custom form which asks these questions and uses a date / time control and adds them to the Question section of the Change?  if this is the case the custom questions are simply questions and not tied to the change scheduling. 

The scheduling of a change to the Change Calendar can be done manually as you suggest, and also can be automated via the business process engine using the ChangeRequest > Update Request > Add To Change Calendar option.  This option however takes predefined inputs from the point the change has been raised i.e 1 hour after creation until 2 hours after creation, again not linked to custom forms in progressive capture. 

We are happy to consider adding new features such as a Progressive Capture forms to add Change Specific Scheduled dates during the logging process.

One question i would ask, is are the dates being provided during logging more of a desired change by date, but the scheduled change dates which result should be agreed by the change team in light of other inflight changes, problems, planned activity which the change proposer would not have visibility of when raising their change request?

Steve

Hi @Steven Boardman

Generally the change start/end times are the ones the analyst would like to use - I rarely have to amend this unless

a) there is a conflict with another Change

b)the change overruns/delayed so needs to be amended

So most times the desired times are the actual times - but sometimes need to be amended.

Nasim 

Hi @nasimg

I have asked the team to look into the options / viability for adding this capability either through a new default progressive capture form, or through extending the ability to map custom form questions directly to the scheduled fields on a change request. 

I will update the post as progress is made with this

Thanks

Steve

@Steven Boardman this is a similar issue to the one I've been finding in setting dates in

If the date subroutine was modified to have the duration variables  as well as a date field that allows a variable to be used but defaults to current date. 

Now All of the bases are covered.

If a specific date/time is required then enter it in a custom form date/time control. Then use the AnswerN as the base date in the schedule date field without a duration.
if you want the date to be a fixed period in the future then leave the base date blank (as now) and enter the durations.
The really useful bit comes when you use a base date with a duration. Set a task to occur 1 week after the base date or even 1 day before.

We'd love this as it would allow us to automate the notification of work to be carried out. At the moment we're manually informing control whenever a piece of work needs to be carried out on an appliance as it's not available for a 999 call.