Change process issue

nasimg

When we log a change one of the last steps is to select a service, this is proving problematic as staff are not selecting "change request". This causes the BPM to fail, is anyone else experiencing this issue?

I'm was hoping we could make this value static (so Change Request is default) but this doesn't appear possible (if you can do this please let me know).

See below the list our analyst see from which they can use any service.

Change Request Service.png

Hi @nasimg

Thanks for your post.  Apologies, but I'm not completely sure what exactly the outcome is that you are looking for, but here are a couple of thoughts in case one of these might help.

When designing the Progressive Capture forms you are able to set it as mandatory.  This should then require the selection of a service before continuing or clicking on finish. From you description I was wondering if they were clicking on Finish without selecting a service?

The setting servicemanager.progressiveCapture.servicedetails.enableSupportVisibility which is found in Administration under Service Manager->Settings can reduce the number of services that are visible.  With this setting enabled, the list of services will only include the services where the support person is a member of a team that supports that service in combination with only showing services that the customer is subscribed to.

From the title Create Change I can see that you have started raising a Change Request.  You also have a Service called Change Request.  Each service has the ability to define settings for the all the different available request types.  We do have a planned feature that would also reduce the visible services based on the type of request being raised.   For example if are using the Create Change only the services that have been configured to use change requests will be visible.  However, this may leave you with a scenario where you are raising a change request and the only service is Change Request and it would still require you to make that extra selection.  

We are also planning to introduce Request Catalog Items for Changes.  This may provide some more options for you around defining your services with specific Change Request Catalog Items.  This would provide much more flexibility as you could have different progressive captures and business processes for each request catalog item for different types of changes.

Let us know if you feel that any of these may help with what you are trying to configure.

Kind regards,

James

• Like 1

@James Ainsworth

Thanks for the reply - my issue is staff not choosing our "Change Request" service for Changes but one of the other services, I can't reduce the service visibility as they support these too. So the quicker you bring the planned feature around "Create Change only the services that have been configured to use change requests will be visible" will be great.

Potentially the same issue around Problem Request - which shows many services rather than the one I need them to pick. But luckily we don't log as many Problems as Changes.

The service for Change and Problem should be fixed (or at an option to fix it) so staff don't have to pick one.

@James Ainsworth

Just in case you missed this one - yes the below option sounds like what I want

"From the title Create Change I can see that you have started raising a Change Request.  You also have a Service called Change Request.  Each service has the ability to define settings for the all the different available request types.  We do have a planned feature that would also reduce the visible services based on the type of request being raised.   For example if are using the Create Change only the services that have been configured to use change requests will be visible.  However, this may leave you with a scenario where you are raising a change request and the only service is Change Request and it would still require you to make that extra selection." 

• Like 1

I am having the same issue in my business, do you have a release date planned for the below work?

We are also planning to introduce Request Catalog Items for Changes.  This may provide some more options for you around defining your services with specific Change Request Catalog Items.  This would provide much more flexibility as you could have different progressive captures and business processes for each request catalog item for different types of changes.

Hi @Awalker

Thanks for your post.  We don't have a release date for the option to have request catalog items for changes as of yet.  It is on our priority list and I will make sure that you are added to the change.  I think that this will be a great feature and looking forward to using it myself.  I will keep this topic updated as it progresses.

Regards,

James

• 6 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Hi @nasimg

We released a feature that I discussed further up this topic that lets you control which requests types are available for a given service.  I just wanted to see if this helps with your original issue that you posted.  For your service that you have called Change Request you can now disable all other request types.

image.png

I hope this helps.

Regards,

James