Requests - Structured Searching

Martyn Houghton

Related to my earlier post on structured searching within Workspaces, would it be possible to list the field names which are exposed for searching requests.

From my testing it appears 'content' seems to include the historic updates as well as the timeline updates, but thinking of whether you can also use search criteria such as owner, service, team etc.

Cheers

Martyn

Hi Martyn,

the global request search it's currently limited to the following fields:

• Request ID
  • Summary
  • Description
  • Date logged

Using the advanced filters, by clicking on the downward pointing arrow, also reveal additional criteria which allow you to search by:

• Status
  • Service
  • Request type

There may be some other fields working in the background, but to my knowledge the timeline and historic updates are not currently searchable.

In order to use the underlying lucence search engine to do more structured searches, need to determine the actual field names, which are normally a single string with no spaces. Requestid, summary, description, status all work okay, just trying to work out the shortnames name for date logged, request type and service as these do not appear to be working as specific field criteria.

Using Lucence you should be able to do structured searches using the fields, including data/timestamp ranges as well, for exmapled

datelogged:[2016-06-16T00:00:00 to 2016-06-17T00:00:00]

Can you advise on the short filed names as exposed to the underlying lucence search engine.

Cheers

Martyn

• 3 years later...

@Chaz

Sorry to resurrect this old post, but I come around again to wanting the use the date logged as a parameter in the Request Global Search, but not having any rows returned when using date ranging syntax, when I know there are requests within the range.

Can you confirm the short field name for the h_datelogged field in h_itsm_requests?

Cheers

Martyn

References

https://lucene.apache.org/core/2_9_4/queryparsersyntax.html

• 1 year later...