Sending SMS text messages via Hornbill

alilau

Hi Alison,

We do have API's to send text message documentation on the API can be found here: https://api.hornbill...ity/?op=smsSend

The plan was to provide operations to use inside BPM to send SMS messages when required.

As yet the Operations are not part of Service Manager i will have a word with Development and see if they can be added.

Kind Regards

Trevor Killick

Hi Alison,

Just a heads up - This API is currently *experimental* so please use with caution. There are limitations placed on SMS usage globally, different countries have different rules so its impossible to provide a globally reliable SMS service. For this reason its experimental and not really considered production ready. In the future we may formally support this in the UK and some parts of Europe where SMS is more reasonably regulated. However, bear in mind that if we do formalise this API there will need to be charges applied to messages sent because we ourselves get charged. Not 100% sure how we will implement this, probably on a "buy credits" scheme of some form. For now though the API is available and can be used for free, we know it works in the UK, messages to devices in other countries are not guaranteed to work and we have no technical way of confirming message delivery.

Gerry

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

@Gareth Marijt, Do you happen to have any more information around using Esendex with SW? We use Esendex elsewhere in the business and would def be interested in investigating this further :-)

@Gareth Marijt, Do you happen to have any more information around using Esendex with SW? We use Esendex elsewhere in the business and would def be interested in investigating this further :-)

I have PM'd you my phone number, am around most times except tomorrow morning

Gareth

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Gareth,

Apologies for my delayed response - I don't get notifications beyond the portal so only see things when I log in!

Perhaps a brief call some time over the next two weeks if you're free?

(Additional - if you know how to "turn on" notifications 'beyond the portal', that would be great too! :P )

• Victor changed the title to Sending SMS text messages via Hornbill