End Parallel Processing Node - Unable to connect track

Kelvin

I am trying to flow a process into a Finish Parallel Processing box

post-12043-0-80977100-1454929579.png

So that I can close the process I have temporarily connected the checkpoints to a Temp (abort) process.

When I try and put these straight to the orange finishing box nothing happens and no arrow appears.

Any suggestions.

Hi Kelvin,

the behaviour you are experiencing with the "Abort" node where you are unable to add an exit track from it is by design. The Abort node is intended as an alternative to an End node with the difference being in that we have the ability to specify and error message.

In my opinion, it's debatable whether there are any scenarios where we would want to use this over and above a standard "End" node, as currently if we abort a process we cannot restart it and it seems counter-intuitive to intentionally design a process to Abort.

This node is either now obsolete, or it is intended for use with functionality that is yet to be introduced i.e. as the BPM engine grows and evolves, we may see this node become more significant.

I have ask development for some clarification on the Use Case for this node.

Dan

Hi Daniel

I wasn't trying to go from the abort node. I just placed it there so I could save the BPM so I could screen shot it. I was trying to go from the checkpoints into the end parallel task but they would not connect.

Hi Kelvin,

thanks for the clarification.

This does indeed sound like a bug. If you encounter this again, please drop us a line at hornbill.support@hornbill.com prior to making any further changes to the workflow. In order to investigate we will need to extract a copy of the workflow definition directly from the database. We can then attempt to replicate in our own environment.

Thanks,

Dan