New Test IC - Do you have to publish to Test?

I am not sure if I am missing a step or just not using it correctly, but it seems you have to publish the IC in order for the 'Test' to pick up your changes.

Surely the point of testing is to test it before you publish a new version?

Cheers

Martyn

Hi @Martyn Houghton I had this same issue initially, and raised the following post.

On Friday it started working as expected for me without publishing the form first.  Not sure what changed.  I will test again today and let you know if it is still working.

I've just tested this workflow, then added the Attachments form, and tested again.

I did not save the Capture, and I did not publish it.

image.png

As you can see, it is testing the new flow as expected.

Whenever I use this, the only requirement to pick up changes is that you Stop and Start the test - the Restart button is not sufficient to pick up changes.

@Steve Giller

I suspect this is a specific use case bug.

If you amend an existing node, such as by changing the data source for an existing field, the change in source is not picked up when testing unless you publish it.

Most maintenance work will be updating existing nodes, so the test mode needs to cope with this as well as adding new nodes.

Cheers

Martyn

@Martyn Houghton You may need to get into specifics here as I can't reproduce the behaviour.

I have just tested by changing a Custom Form, first I added a new field which was picked up without saving, then I changed a drop-down from a static list to a dynamic (co-workers) source and all of these changes were picked up without saving.

@Steve Giller

I have a live and published Custom form linked to an existing simple list as the data provider.

I open the IC double click on the Custom Form, change the drop down to use an alternative Simple List and apply the changes.

Click on Test IC and the test is still using the original simple list source and not the updated one.

Publish the IC, and repeat Test again it does pick up the updated simple list source.

Cheers

Martyn

13 minutes ago, Martyn Houghton said:

I open the IC double click on the Custom Form, change the drop down to use an alternative Simple List and apply the changes.

Initial settings:
image.png
Change Simple List source:
image.png

(Without saving) start the Test:
image.png
These are the values from the "Demo List" Simple List:
image.png

It's even picking up the change for me when I make it while in a test and restart without stopping the test first.

I'm not sure why this isn't the case for you, though.