API call returning HTML instead of JSON

@Steve G @Keith Stevenson@SamS
in postman the sintax ":yourinstanceid" means you are defining a path variable (as far as I know), which of course I've defined to be our instance value. By the way, now I'm aware I'm using the wrong endpoint (Thank you @Steve G) so I suppose this will fix our issue.
Also on my last check I was aware xml was the officially supported and that you were in the middle of moving against the JSON payload, so Thank @SamS I'll give a look to the reference you have posted, and I'll get back with my findings!
Thanks all for the quick and precise advice.

@Steve G@Keith Stevenson@SamS

I've followed your direction and also downloaded the API template from the documentation, well the json payload is really welcome!!! By the way I'm still unable to assign the request to a specific user(at least the response is in json and yes the endpoint is pointing to our specific endpoint, copied from the support section):
image.thumb.png.6bb73c3f6b2136272124358998fc19fe.png

That doesn't look like correct response for the payload given.
You should get something like:

{
    "@status": true,
    "params": {
        "teamName": "TEAM",
        "ownerName": "OWNER"
    },
    "flowCodeDebugState": {
        "executionId": "2508a577-fdab-44ee-871c-e8f8abde6b55"
    }
}

Have you established a valid session first?

@Steve Giller I've got which is the issue, I supposed the role I've assigned to the user was good enough to interact with the requests, but supposing is enough. In fact I've tried to do the same action via UI and got the answer, not enough authorization.
Can you please help me to understand how can I address the right role (just the minimum required to create/assign/interact with the requests IN/SR), I want this user to be able to manage all the requests we have, If I'm not wrong the user has to be part of the team that supports the service and the incident/service request user role or am I wrong?

1 hour ago, Giuseppe Iannacone said:

how can I address the right role (just the minimum required to create/assign/interact with the requests IN/SR)

That's not really something that can easily be addressed on the forums, as it would, with apologies for the predictable comment, simply rely on what you need them to do.
They would, as you've found, need to support each Service that they interact with.
They would also need Incident and Service Request Management roles (again, the level depending on what they need to do) and potentially Board Manager, email etc. for triggering related actions.

43 minutes ago, Giuseppe Iannacone said:

generally speacking if the user is able to complete an action from the GUI than this will also satisfy the API calls, right?

That would seem to be a fair assumption, yes.

There are caveats, but that's a good generalisation.