Assigned Teams not recognised by Service Manager when actioning human tasks

Dear Community,

I've been testing some workflows and just as I got to concluding them I discovered a fairly large problem.

The system has failed to recognise the selected test area teams for human task assignment, so far i've tested 2 teams, "BS - Test SI" & "TEST IT" and nothing has worked.(See images below)

I even made copies of tests that were previously successful from last week and they've produced the same result. (See images below)

Please see below for error messages and human task node assignment settings.

Can someone please advise me on where I or the system may have gone wrong? I'm unable to complete further testing until this is revolved.

Kind regards,

Martin Mensah

image.png.8587bbfe3d2fcb92beb4607997225138.png

image.png.0035d01feab6655f105561d73e4e9fc7.png

image.png.30f3b702d61a188470df08171a2aaa2b.png

Hi @mmensah,

You are trying to assign ownership to a TEAM and not to an individual. The owner of a Task should be an individual user. This user has the ability to do whatever necessary to the task (eg to re-assign the task), so probably best given to a manager or so (eg yourself or "System Administrator").

There is also a "Task Assignment" which is who is WORKING on the Task. I suspect that that is what you want to use here, as that CAN be a Team. Currently you have that assigned to "System Administrator". If you select "Assign to Variable" from the dropdown currently labeled "Assign to User", then place the TeamId variable there, then that should work.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 09/04/2024 at 10:21, SamS said:

Hi @mmensah,

You are trying to assign ownership to a TEAM and not to an individual. The owner of a Task should be an individual user. This user has the ability to do whatever necessary to the task (eg to re-assign the task), so probably best given to a manager or so (eg yourself or "System Administrator").

There is also a "Task Assignment" which is who is WORKING on the Task. I suspect that that is what you want to use here, as that CAN be a Team. Currently you have that assigned to "System Administrator". If you select "Assign to Variable" from the dropdown currently labeled "Assign to User", then place the TeamId variable there, then that should work.

Many thanks for this!