Can we change the default font in Hornbill - one of my analysts is struggling reading the m's and r's with the current font selection

Hi all

Is there anyway one of my analysts can change the font in Service Manager at all? Due to dyslexia she is struggling with reading certain letters with the current fonts - the screen size has been magnified to try and assist but still struggling with certain letters

Many thanks

Adrian

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi @Adrian Simpkins,

Apologies for the delay. Can you please let us know what is the OS that your analyst is using? Mac/Windows and what browser?

We don't have an option to change font type, but we do use "Roboto". Here is a comment about this font and why we decided to chouse it:

Roboto is a versatile sans-serif font that strikes a balance between modern aesthetics and readability. With its open letterforms and well-defined characters, Roboto ensures that each letter is easily distinguishable, which is vital for dyslexic readers. Its clean and straightforward design can make reading less strenuous and more enjoyable, particularly for longer texts.

Perhaps you can ask your analyst what font would she change it to?

Thank you,

Daniel

• Like 1

Hi Daniel, 

thanks for the response. We all use Windows 10 with the latest version of Edge. She mentioned Tahoma or Calibri as preferred fonts if possible please

Many thanks !

Hi @Adrian Simpkins,

One of my team members suggests the following, perhaps that's the reason she can't see well the fonts:

1. User has the operating system set for a non-native resolution on their LCD monitor (or even perhaps, they're using an old CRT)
  2. User have ClearType turned off (i.e. no sub-pixel rendering) or ClearType has not been optimised for their hardware and eyesight.

I've been researching our font type (Roboto) vs Tahoma and Calibri and the three belong to the same Sans-Serif family. I'm afraid that changing the font from our side won't make a difference. That's why the actual monitor or configuration of the windows itself is wrong?

Regards,

Daniel.

• 2 weeks later...

@Adrian Simpkins,

Just thinking... is the analyst using the new UI? (Preview UI) - I didn't think about it, but the new UI uses a slightly different and bigger font.
In our latest build also we made sure the font Roboto is loaded properly for all users, so perhaps this fixes the issue.

Regards,

Daniel.

• Like 1