2 External customers using the customer portal getting error 'Could not load portal configuration'

Hi All,

I have 2 external Contacts/Customers using our https://customer.hornbill.com/mse portal who have both registered previously but now when they go to access the portal they are getting the below error message 'Could not load portal configuration'

I have done a remote teams session to one of the affected users, and cleared down their browser in Settings, but after doing this she still gets the same error. They both registered to the portal in 2022 but due to an issue with their organisations they were just registered, they have not requested any access. I did a review of all our external contacts recently, and these 2 were picked up as at the time they registered we were not enforcing the org list, and as we control access via the Organisations I am trying to get them setup now. 

Any ideas on how to remove the error message please?

Many thanks

Adrian

20240101_222934(003).thumb.jpg.893e2e414f0aa15e95dac23db000224d.jpg

If they are working from home, what happens if they connect via a mobile hotspot (preferably not the same supplier as their home internet) or if they connect via a different network (e.g. in the office) completely?

This error is usually caused by something being actively blocked (the example above is one we know about, but may not be the only one) and occurs before the User has a chance to sign in, so is unlikely be account related.

• Like 1

Hi Steve

They are both external customers to MSE so I will have to get some more details from them. I did suspect something on their network side is blocking it, but we have other external customers from the same Org who are not having any issues like this. I will go back and get some more information

Many thanks as always

Adrian