Service Portfolio Reporting - Service Subscription Reporting

Adam Toms

Hi all,

In the Service Portfolio there is the ability to run some reporting, based on availability of services etc.

But there appears to be no option to select subscriptions, and report on each service subscription user base.

We've based our service subscriptions on what areas of the business consume, this means that everyone receives a tailored self service catalogue.

However when a structure changes occurs in the business, it becomes a large manual overhead to check what the area that is moving from and to, and adjust the subscribed services accordingly.

I would like to request the ability to include some way of reporting on the service portfolio subscriptions as an enhancement.

I've included a screenshot on the current reporting area in the Service Portfolio. In my head it would make sense to include this reporting here, but if this capability was not added here, but could be run from a report or view, it wouldn't be a problem.

Many Thanks

Adam  

Screenshot 2023-12-29 085303.png

We'd need a very precise description of what you'd want to see in the report - the requirements above are very generic.

If you want to build a report in Advanced Analytics the relationships between Services and Subscribers are in h_itsm_servicesubscriptions, however factoring in Organisations, their members, Catalog Item exclusions etc. could make this a complex exercise depending on your setup.

Thanks @Steve Giller for your reply.

I'm aware that each catalogue item has its own subscription model, and there will be small exceptions which will trip us up from time to time, but to see whom subscribed at a service level in a report similar to this, would help significantly reduce the work load when an organisational structure change takes place. Or for example a new area being created that will require a similar subscription to an existing one and being able to see at a glance where that subscriber area appears would make it much easier to add in for the new area.

Using the screenshot below, you can see from the absence and annual leave service, we have one subscription. That's because everyone in the whole company can see it, so what I would like is in this instance is the name of the subscription rather than the total.

Many Thanks.

Screenshot 2023-12-29 121934.png