Workflow configuration for reopening tickets when an update occurs once a ticket has been resolved

Adam Toms

Hi all,

We have had the ability to reopen tickets, which works very well using the older workflows configuration screenshot attached.

This seems to be using flowcodes, and I believe for newer work flows the flow codes is not available.

Or if it is, I don't seem to be able to find it at all.

I've therefore tried to re-create this, but it doesn't seem to reopen the ticket or function as I expected, it doesn't error but it doesn't reopen in the same way as the flowcode setup.

Please see the newer workflow configuration screenshot attached, for what I've tried to configure to have a similar behaviour to the flow code configuration.

Does anyone have advice on where I'm going wrong or have a better idea, on how to achieve what I'm looking to do?

Many Thanks

Older Workflows configured to reopen tickets.png

Newer workflow configured to re open tickets.png

Thanks @Steve Giller

For your quick response on this. Apologies that I missed the earlier post in 2021, that you've included.

I've largely followed the same configuration as the flowcodes were set, when which we went live. But as this is for a different customer our HR team, as they require a lot less complex workflows than in IT. I created their workflows from scratch and then ran into this. In my head I couldn't see why this wouldn't work.

To help with this, I have included how the suspend node is configured, as well as a screenshot showing the outcomes.

I note I've used the same configuration in the status is closed. So this must be hitting the no match criteria rather following the two other routes I've created.

With this additional information, do you think if I just change this from status.open to open, that will do it?

Many Thanks

Suspend node configuration .png

Screenshot showing outcomes, open, not match and status is closed..png