using string utilities on incoming email body

Kelvin

Im sure this has been answered before but cant find the post.

We have an old system that on a daily bases send an email into Hornbill. The body of the text is a simple template and we want to split the 5 lines into 5 custom fields.

Can anyone point me in the right direction please.

The right direction would be to raise this as an Auto Responder request, then using the Get Source Email Details node pass the body into a Core->Application->String Utilities->Regex Substring node (or nodes) to extract the information you need.

This will require a good understanding of REGEX (in other words, I will struggle to help beyond this point!)

• Thanks 1

@Gerry The ExpressLogic looks really good and could be very useful for us.

One question. In the workflows I am guessing I still use Application->String Utilities but which Task would I select in order to use the functions.
image.png.3c86b4347a6521d34048c9eb341a39e0.png

@Kelvin

Ahh if you are trying to do this in the Workflow thats a different thing, I thought you were talking about the email routing rules.  

So in this case you only have Regex Substring as an option, I am not familiar enough with RegEx to off guidance on what expression might be used to get what you want.   You may want to raise an enhancement request to have the SM team provide something equivelent to the TOKEN() function I mentioned above in this String Utilities list

Gerry

• Thanks 1