Snippets - can this be enhanced to allow us to inject custom data fields into the variable picker?

Adrian Simpkins

Hi all

Currently the Snippets template builder has a limited number of injectable data options. Would it be possible to enhance the snippet builder to include custom data field values at all? The reason I ask is a few of my teams use the data the customer has provided when raising the request, and these are written to a custom field. The teams have to manually type these values into the snippet text so if we could inject custom data fields as well this would lessen their time when resolving a request and reduce frustrations.

Many thanks as always

Adrian

I'm sure the list of available variables can be reviewed, however the current list is of values that are available on all Requests.

The issue with adding Custom Fields is that there is no guarantee that these will be populated, and this would lead to confusing updates for the Customer.

• Like 1

Hi Steve

Yes good point that I had not considered, if the snippet is just used anywhere there would be the high probability of a missing custom data field / difference in custom data fields. It would only work really if the template is used against a specific service. If the list could be reviewed to see if there is any way to expand selection options that would be great

Many thanks as always

Adrian