Send email to users responding to Closed Tickets

Osman

Afternoon All,

Hopefully a simple one. I need to be able to respond to any user that emails into a Closed Incident or Service Request advising it has been closed and suggesting they log a new ticket. I found:

image.png.0de173c6e9e4815063f95e7f57f7daff.png

And assume if I disable these it will stop updates happening, but I also want an email sent. Can this be done?

Thanks

Osman

9 minutes ago, Osman said:

but I also want an email sent. Can this be done?

Not automatically, no.

Disabling those settings will prevent the emails from updating via, for example, an Auto Responder rule and will leave the emails in your mailbox to be responded to manually.

There is an existing story to add this functionality, however I don't have any details on its current progress. We have added your interest to this enhancement.

• Like 1

There is a change proposal for this requirement in our backlog.  I've added you both as being interested in this feature.  This change has not been accepted yet and is not currently scheduled for development.  However, if there is any change with the status of this requirement, I'll post back to this topic.

@Osman you can use an inbound email rule to pick-up these emails and send an email to the customer via a routing rule template in Service Manager. Below is ours. We use the inbound rule to catch all emails not otherwise attended to because we have a zero inbox policy for service desk and do not attend to any emails manually. The email is therefore a catch-all for any of our customers' domains which explains a number of scenarios where the user may receive an auto-reply and gives them reasons and a way forward:

image.thumb.png.e96028e8f54ea2d366c47fe4d51bd426.png

image.thumb.png.22ed764b656c5e038c39950420c13bb7.png