Request to be able to connect a team in the BPM using the connection node (enhancement)

Hi All

I am unsure if I posted this previously.

Currently in the BPM we have options to connect individuals to a request. However in one of our processes we are connecting external authorisers to requests in a bpm connect node. The process I am working on has 50 authorisers across 10 specialties and can be a request that is under 48 hours, 3 days to 6 weeks, and over 6 weeks so there will be a large number of decision paths to connect authorisers. To be able to connect the team of authorisers rather than the individual will lower the admin going forward as if there are any movements in the authorisers roles I would have to go in and change the individual node. Whereas if we had something like 'Connect Team' I could then just manage the team members direct in the team admin node, rather than having to update a BPM constantly.

So in short can we have some more options on the connections node please

Many thanks as always

@Adrian Simpkins

The external authorisers functionality is unlikely to be expanded upon much further than it already is,  the full user authorisations have many more options to manage groups/teams of people in relation to authorisations, its not really in our commercial interests to change that or over-extend the capability of external authorisations, so any requests for change to the way external authorizations can be used/expanding will go through a lot of scrutiny/consideration.  At the extreme, a customer could have 1 service manager users and 1000000 external authorisers, technically that would work and I expect you would agree that the customer would be getting quite extraordinary value for their one Service Manager subscription.  Unfortunately we are tied to the named user subscription model with Service Manager because thats the pricing model we defined and in many ways are stuck with. Most other workflow tools seem to model their monetisation around metered consumption, something we are not big fans of, but for full featured, unlimited and highly flexible authorisations that might be something to consider in the future. 

I am not sure I completely understand what you are asking for, I was really responding to the notion of expanding the fucntionally/capability of external authorisations on the Hornbill platform. 

In the mean time, here is an explanation of the two authorization types. 

https://docs.hornbill.com/esp-fundamentals/core-capabilities/workflow-approvals

Gerry

• Like 1

Hi Gerry

I was suggesting having other options on the connection node in the bpm so not part of authorisation's as such, it is just as part of this setup I will need to manage 50 authorisers across a number of teams, and we want to connect these authoriser's so they can view the request data in the Support Hub portal if they need more information. No worries if not possible - it would just mean a lot of admin trying to maintain connection nodes to individuals in the BPM, and being able to connect the authoriser team would result in less admin overhead

thank you for the response as always

Adrian

• 2 months later...