Conditional fields from Intelligent capture

HHH

I have an IC form where if field1 has value A then field2 is displayed and if field1 has value B then field3 is displayed so the user can fill them. Normal text fields so nothing strange there.
What I want to do in the Business process is to send the content of field2 or field3, depending on which has a value, to MS Teams.

The current text in the Workflow that is sent to Teams is something like:     We have restarted the service &[functions.pcf("form1","field_2")].

How do I get this to send different texts depending on which field in the IC has a value?

I'd also try:

We have restarted the service &[functions.pcf("form1","field_2")]&[functions.pcf("form1","field_3")].

I don't guarantee that will work, but depending on how that node handles empty variables that might be a shortcut. This does not work in email templates, so no promises.

• Thanks 1

@Steve Giller Do you know if these work the same way with modifiers that email templates do to make it neater?
So instead of {{.h_firstname|empty}} I'd use
We have restarted the service &[functions.pcf("form1","field_2"|empty)]&[functions.pcf("form1","field_3"|empty)].

1 hour ago, HHH said:

Do you know if these work the same way with modifiers that email templates do to make it neater?

17 hours ago, Steve Giller said:

This does not work in email templates

I do, and they will not. Email Templates do not have access to Workflow variables - firstly that would mean you'd need a different set of Templates for every Workflow, and even within a Workflow the Templates would only work at certain times.

@HHH

A final alternative is to have field_2 and field_3 on SEPARATE customized forms(*) - each with the same Form ID AND Field ID (eg secondForm.field_2)(*) - then effectively both answers will be "merged" on the BP-side (as secondForm.field_2).

(*) i.e. the Decision-node happens in the IC AFTER field_1.

(**) you WILL get a warning that you may have set up your IC incorrectly, but - as you did it on purpose -

• Thanks 1