Bugs following ESP Update

will.good

Hi

Following the ESP Update, we now cannot create new email templates as we get the below error:

image.thumb.png.72ed5787f73d6c7504254bc19678bf74.png

We also cannot amend any existing templates as we get the same error.

When using the new Grouping filter, this breaks the page.

image.png.8959614f34edb210c4d6864310345fa0.png 

image.thumb.png.0fe9f4f964495045204cf611ac57f7f7.png

Please can this be patched / rolled back ASAP

In fact, the ESP build has only been pushed to live - it's not active until after the next update window, i.e. overnight.

This issue here is that the UI has shown itself before the ESP build has activated.
This will resolve itself overnight as the update picks up the new ESP build.

Sorry for any confusion.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@will.good @samwoo

Please accept our apologies.  When we are rolling out new features we often role out changes incrementally, because different layers of the tech stack arrive in production at different times, we put these changes behind version gates so the code can be present but not yet activated, allowing self-activation when all the bits finally land in production/live environment.  We do this a lot and its a well trodden path for us, but, In this case we missed something for an upcoming feature thats "on its way", we have now deployed a hot-fix to correct that.  Entirely our failure, we apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

Gerry

• Thanks 3

@Gerry

I'm still not convinced this is working properly, there are a few issues still:

• When selecting group on an email template, you get another box pop up next to it, this seemingly allows you to add a custom group. When creating a custom group, or by using one of the existing groups based on request types, when you hit save and reload the page, the options have not saved. Both the custom group I have created, or the existing grouping I have applied to the template. I have tried using both custom templates, and system templates, but the result is the same.

image.png.2cd2583f3fc1f3e7dbff64ea057c7047.png

image.thumb.gif.905f318f0e0957d4d1f4b0379a35613b.gif

In short, the new options don't seem to actually do anything?

• Like 1

@will.good

Just looking at this, it seems this should not currently be visible, this is a feature that is being incrementally rolled out, it should not have been visible here just now.  Whats happening is, although the UI component is showing up here, its not saving any values in the templates. We are just out of sync between the combination of the UI, back end and Service Manager app, this will be resolved in the coming days.  Apologies for the misstep here. 

Gerry

• Thanks 1

@will.good,

That was my fault. When i patched the saving error i didn't set appropriate flag to hide the grouping options in the UI. As gerry mentions this will be working in admin ui soon. So you will be able to organise your templates into groups.

Shortly after this we expect service manager app to utilise this grouping info to make finding and using email templates easier when for example doing request update and you want to select an email template to use. i.e. when updating Incident Request template picker will show grouped templates under the root "Incident" group.

Cheers

• Thanks 1