Categories default form is picking up category intermittently

Estie

Hi,

I have an IC for incidents, and have added the categories default form to it for an analyst to complete.

Last week when testing the category was being picked up and showing it in the summary panel.

Today the category seems to be missing in any test incidents raised.

I have added an update category node to the linked business process (which wasn't required last week) but this has worked for one test incident and no others.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

IC:

image.png.14177f1fa04131ae002ba0927e77b7b1.png 

Business Process:

image.png.10492bde5b91471842d7f2b1ed5b3045.png

17 minutes ago, Estie said:

Today the category seems to be missing in any test incidents raised.

As the Form is not Mandatory we cannot assume that a Category was selected.

If you set this to Mandatory and the issue persists there is an issue and a Support Request would be the next step.

@Steve Giller Setting the form to mandatory did not initially work.  However it is now working and all the categories that were missing in the previous test incidents raised this afternoon are now showing their categories.

Not sure if there is some sort of delay or glitch.

I also updated the 'update categories' node in the BP to add a timeline entry but this is not working and I cannot see a timeline entry in any of the test incidents.
image.png.77fcc07fb7d99a22d1a62350a2d747a3.png

&[global["flowcoderefs"]["getReqInformation"]["loggingCategory"]]

Does the categories default form definitely have to be set as mandatory?  If so is there a reason there is a choice in the form?

3 minutes ago, Estie said:

Does the categories default form definitely have to be set as mandatory?  If so is there a reason there is a choice in the form?

No, it does not, but during testing if it is not set to Mandatory we cannot check whether the Category is missing because it is missing, or if it is missing because no-one entered a category.
Once you know it's working you can turn the mandatory setting off, and then speak to any User who should have picked a Category but didn't instead.

The "Update Category" node is intended to apply a Category - if this is being done in the BPM that node should not be needed, unless you trigger it when there is not a category and apply a default one.
Leaving both Category and Category (From Variable) parameters empty is not intended - one of those should be populated and this is probably why no Timeline update is being posted as there will be a missing value in the API call.

Ok thanks. 

I have just raised another test incident with categories form still set to mandatory and the category did not appear until I refreshed the browser page.  So there seems to be some sort of delay.  I am working from home.

I will carry on testing and use another device and ask colleagues to test onsite tomorrow too just in case there is an issue with my connection.

@Steve Giller - Both myself and colleagues have done some more testing using the categories form.

When raising test incidents the category only appears in the Incident (in the right hand pane) after we refresh the browser screen.

This has been tested in the latest versions of Edge and Chrome and both working on and off site.

Are you able to assist with this?  I am happy to raise a support ticket if required.

Thank you.