Switch Capture node not switching the BPM

Estie

Hi,

I am using the switch capture node in an IC to switch to a new IC based on the answers to a question on the first IC.

Although the IC is switched, the business process being used is the original process from the original IC, and not the process linked to the new IC as in the Service Portfolio.

Both ICs are in the same Service.

Is there something I need to add to the IC or the original BPM?

Any help is appreciated.

This is my IC:

image.png.a2b314841175a900279e7607c62282ed.png

I found an old post about this - but not sure I understand what to do, and whether this might have changed since?

Does the Capture you are switching to have a Service Form?

If not, and you have selected a Service before the switch, the Service and CI you have selected will specify the BPM to be run.
As the node name implies, you are switching Capture, it has no direct bearing on the Business Process you are choosing.

Hi @Steve Giller not sure I will check that.

However the new IC I am switching to is in the same service.

Not sure I understand the purpose of switching capture if the Business Process is not switched either?

The older post would imply this is possible using the 'assess BPM' node.  I don't fully understand how this works or where it should go.

14 minutes ago, Estie said:

Not sure I understand the purpose of switching capture if the Business Process is not switched either?

The Capture does not run a particular Business Process, unless you specify that it should with a Select Service node - in which case the Service will run its default BPM, or the CI (if selected) will run its configured BPM (once any configured Capture has been processed)

The Assess BPM node goes in the Business Process and will, if required, change to a completely different BPM based on the Service and (optional) CI specified in the Node settings.