basic license permissions for read only access to Hornbill Asset Manager

Adam Toms

Hi all,

I've looked at several pages on the wiki, and have not found an answer to this question, so apologies if this has been asked in the past.

It's looking increasing likely that our control room, who are a 24/7 operation that aren't part of IT but who raise out of hours calls for communications faults, will need some access to the Asset Manager, they have no need to manage tickets.

I cannot see an obvious way how they would grab read only access to the asset management section of hornbill to be able to look assets up. These assets won't belong to them, they will be registered to a site. I know it is possible to when raising a ticket, do an asset lookup, but I'm pretty sure that only brings back asset owned by the customer.

In addition to the above its quite possible that IT may not be involved at all, in the resolution of the fault. If a phone call to the comms provider, can do a remote reset, but they'll need the asset details e.g sim number etc to be able to raise the ticket with the supplier, so that can be carried out.

Is there a way that this can be achieved, or is would this only occur if there is service manager subscription?

Thanks in advance

Adam

Firstly, there is no separate Asset Manager application, it is part of Service Manager.

You can do a search for Assets by Site on  the Asset Details form in Intelligent Capture, I think this should achieve what you're aiming for with regards to linking the correct Asset, however I'm fairly certain that without a Service Manager License there is no way to make the specific Asset Details other than the name and type visible to the control room analysts.

• Like 1

Thanks @Steve Giller, old habits die hard. As there was a time when it was separate, but wanted to call out that specific component of Service Manager for this post.

I will take a look into your suggestion, it might be enough for our needs. If not then it sounds like they may well need a Service Manager license to deal with this, which is something we've highlighted that this might be needed. But wanted to make sure we've explored all avenues before going down this route.

Many Thanks.