Snippets - HTML Links + More Variables

will.good

Enhancement Request - Can we please add the ability to add in links to snippets and additional variables.

We are looking for the same functionality as is available when creating Email Templates.

Use case: we have many email templates that might contain links or variables (more than what is currently exposed in Snippets). When we want to change the formatting / design of our email templates, we have to update many, many email templates. This enhancement could (for example) allow us to have a 'master' template where analysts could just add a snippet to, that would be correctly formatted and include additional links / variables rather than it having to be an email template.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

The short answer here is that the Email composer can be set to use Plain Text mode, which would be incompatible with formatted URLs. Likewise the snippets can be used in a number of scenarios, so there is no guarantee that any variable you placed in a snippet would be available when the snippet was used.

Having a Master Template seems to be describing a completely new functionality of nested templates rather than snippets (which would require development to comment on) and I'm not aware of any intended developments of that kind at present.

i.e. To the best of my knowledge the very short answer here is "No"

On 2/6/2023 at 2:27 PM, Steve Giller said:

The short answer here is that the Email composer can be set to use Plain Text mode, which would be incompatible with formatted URLs. Likewise the snippets can be used in a number of scenarios, so there is no guarantee that any variable you placed in a snippet would be available when the snippet was used.

Having a Master Template seems to be describing a completely new functionality of nested templates rather than snippets (which would require development to comment on) and I'm not aware of any intended developments of that kind at present.

i.e. To the best of my knowledge the very short answer here is "No"

Just so I have understood, the only workaround to include clickable links in a snippet is not to use snippets at all, and to have an email template set up for them?

This is not a feasible solution for us... we can't have email templates set up for every snippet we want to include a clickable HTML Link in. We're going to end up with hundreds of email templates...

HTML formatting works on the timeline updates and when pasting a link into the email composer directly, why can't the same logic work for snippets? This seems like a very basic ask

• 1 month later...
On 2/14/2023 at 12:55 PM, will.good said:

HTML formatting works on the timeline updates and when pasting a link into the email composer directly

Unfortunately I need to make a small correction here.

HTML formatting works on the timeline updates and when pasting a link into the email composer when it is in wysiwyg mode directly but not when it's in Plain Text mode.

Therefore the same answer applies.

• 3 months later...