Poor results from the "Search the Portal"

QEHNick

Does anyone else have issues regarding the Search the portal function?

Our experience is pretty poor, often a search comes up with no results despite using the exact title of an FAQ, or even a fragment of it.

FAQs can seriously do with having tags.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

We too find the search results frustrating at times.

I've limited some of the options available in our search, to just, service, faults and requests and FAQ's. Obviously All as well as that is there by default. It does seem to work better for us since I've done this.

I do believe when we had our last review, searching enhancements are in the pipeline, but happy to upvote this on the forum to help progress this.

Guest Paul Alexander

There has been a Service Manager update  which has made improvements to the search function in the Employee Portal.

Could you please try this after the update and let us know if it has addressed your search problems?

Guest Paul Alexander

@QEHNick

Could you double check that you are subscribed to the Service which has the FAQ containing the word 'outlook'  please?

If you ARE subscribed, then please log a support call so we can take a look.

thanks

It turns out that the search result was not displaying all the possible matches. I had never noticed it before but there is a little indicator stating something like "5/14 results". I never realised it was there let alone you have to click it to show all the results. And if I didn't, chances are that none of my customers would either.

I have asked if it is possible to show all the results as default instead.

Guest Paul Alexander

Hi @QEHNick

Could you please re-log this request on this forum and tag it as an 'enhancement'? 

Once that's done others will be able to add themselves which we'll be able to track.

thanks