FAQ Portal Search no longer functions after update

Joshua T M

Hi All,

Can someone please look into the FAQ search returning the following error message please rather than the search results, this started to occur immediately after the update was applied. -

/apps/com.hornbill.servicemanager/entities/Faqs/fc_modules/faqs_helper.js(227): error X1001: Uncaught ReferenceError: faqHelper is not defined

• Thanks 1

Hi David,

This occurs in both the Customer and Service portals when using the top search bar of the page to search for a particular FAQ, if this is not a global issue do you know what the faqHelper may relate to?

I've attached a screenshot of it occuring when performing a search.

faqHelperError280722.png

Hi @Joshua T M

Thanks for that, will have another go at replicating.  I have an idea of why we may been seeing the error but really needed to try to replicate locally to make sure its fixed.  As soon as I can replicate and confirm the fix we'll look to get it applied for you.

Cheers,

Dave

Hi @Joshua T M

After some debugging locally it looks like the error is within our currently experimental FAQ index searching functionality.  As an immediate workaround you could look to turn off the following experimental setting which should get the search working again. If you could try that out and let me know if that gets you back up and running for now that would be appreciated.  In the meantime I'll look to fully replicate the issue within our experimental code and seek to get a fix out for that in the next update.

Cheers,

Dave. 

image.png

• Like 1