Problem using the 'log new incident' task in BPM after latest update

Guest Paul Alexander

Guest Paul Alexander

We're having problems raising a linked request through the BPM since the latest Service Manager update.

These requests have worked fine for the past couple of years, but are crashing this morning with this error:

Last Updated On : 12-04-2022 09:36
Xmlmc method invocation failed for BPM invocation node 's1/flowcode-ad2819e6-7a0e-4955-b450-913f2811f27f': <methodCallResult status="fail"> <state> <code>0207</code> <service>apps</service> <operation>logRequestIncident</operation> <error>/apps/com.hornbill.servicemanager/entities/Requests/fc_modules/log_request_bpm_helper.js(512): error X1001: Uncaught EspMethodCall::invoke: Operation[data::profileCodeGet] The specified code &apos;13&apos; does not exist</error> <flowcodeError> <where>Execute</where> <filename>/apps/com.hornbill.servicemanager/entities/Requests/fc_modules/log_request_bpm_helper.js</filename> <lineNumber>512</lineNumber> <columnPos>57</columnPos> <message>Uncaught EspMethodCall::invoke: Operation[data::profileCodeGet] The specified code &apos;13&apos; does not exist</message> <errorCode>1001</errorCode> </flowcodeError> </state> </methodCallResult>

This option is part of a set of parallel tasks and, when it fails, it is then cancelling all of the other activities in the parallel group.

I have reported this to Support, but thought I'd add it here in case anyone else is having the same problems. 

Hello @Paul Alexander

the error indicates that the specified request category (ID=13) does not exists.

May I ask to check if the category actually exists (in the table h_sys_profiles there should be a record with h_id = 13).
You shouldn't find it, hence the error. 
May you please check that in the BPM block creating the new incident is set a valid category ?

Regards

Armando

Guest Paul Alexander

HI @ArmandoDM

I've updated the 'category' in the BPM and this does now seem to work thanks. (You were correct - there was no 'h_id = 13')

Is this a part of the new update? We've used this BPM for ages, and it has successfully logged linked requests before, so do I need to check all of our other processes which might log a linked request to make sure they're updated too?

thanks

Hi @Paul Alexander

great news.

The BPM operations to log new requests have been improved and released in this build, so it will trigger an error if the category you want to set on a request is invalid rather than logging a request with no category and you're unaware of it.

Yes, I suggest you double check also the other BPM operations logging new requests.

Regards

Armando

Guest Paul Alexander
3 minutes ago, ArmandoDM said:

The BPM operations to log new requests has been improved

Improved by making it break when I use it........:rolleyes::D

We have 2 issues:
Issue #1 The 1st is when raising new requests, the sub category is not always committing. Once you select the sub category and move away, the details seem to disappear. When you click Next to load the Next Page, it is Blank so you have to cancel the Request and start again.
The 2nd time around, you have to click on the sub category at least twice otherwise it goes round in a loop. 

Issue #2 :  When logging a new request from an email, that has attachments, on the last form you are unable to View the Images.
When you click on the Image, you get redirected to another web page + below Error:

Invalid content access token

https://mdh-p01-api.hornbill.com/idoxsd/dav//secure-content/inline/oMbugpXyFpEGIgkMkWSXrlZkSZgAMbR4sMyywniD3Ut6tKBVt3gFE2Z0kLyFcotGDD_DCNAcv8BMdaK7KEWb8sohn-ouo924z5wT1eR7gidJnCVBjnUsnydvm5u_ROQby_bs74IxASTZNxkcIlAYi5o6yUJLbRiwa5lrc_ifREFXNLbQ&file=image001.jpg?download=true&filename=image001.jpg

Hi @sprasad

we are trying to replicate with no success the issue #1.

Is this something happening intermittently or its always the case?

For us to replicate, it could help some extra info about the progressive capture you're using, if you could give us some details we'd appreciate.

Kind Regards

Armando

Hi @ArmandoDM thanks for looking into this.  I asked the affected user to replicate this and it seems that some categories from the Service do work but a few seem to fail.  As such, do you think it may be an idea if I supply a passcode direct to you so you can look at our instance?

Another issue following the change to Hornbill has had an impact on the list of services, it's huge
The list of services does not appear to be filtered when raising a specific request type, i.e. change request or service request.
It seems to display All your Services rather than that of the external customer.

Guest Ehsan

@sprasad,

An automatic update has been applied to your instance to address the known issues with the new Intelligent Capture engine, please clear your browser cache and refresh the page. Apologies for the inconvenience this has caused. 

Ehsan

Good morning @ArmandoDM
Do you have an update to our issue #2 as reported on 12 April 2022, please?
Issue #2 :  When logging a new request from an email, that has attachments, on the last form you are unable to View the Images.

--> we no longer are directed to a new tap and presented with an Invalid Content error
BUT when we click on the Images now, it does not respond at all.

Thanks.