SLA Reporting

AndyGilly

Hi @AndyG

Unfortunately there isn't a way to achieve this at present. This isn't a piece of information that is recorded, and as the SLA functionality and escalation actions occurs outside of the Business Process, there isn't currently a way that we have to write this information anywhere (for example, a Custom Field on the Request). 

I will follow up internally to see if there is anything in the Pipeline to improve on this functionality - I believe it's been requested by a number of other users on the forums, so I will get the thoughts of the Service Manager Development team to see where we are with this requirement.

Kind Regards

Bob Dickinson

• 3 weeks later...

HI @Bob Dickinson 

I currently use Power Bi for our reporting also, joining the assignment table and request table we obtain the assignment timestamp, assigned team, previous team assigned and the resolve by date and of course request ID,  if assignment timestamp is greater than resolve by date you can tell it was breached when assigned and what team it was with and so on, its not fool proof but its a metric we can deal with until the ability to report on status when assigned is available.

Prior to this I tried to use the escalation event notification being sent to team and pick up the timeline event (content preview) and filter to "escalation notification" but found the timeline update mentioned the team members and not the team name. Timeline updates are also not something i would recommend trying to report on :unsure:

Hope this helps 

Philip

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Philip Hanlon said:

HI @Bob Dickinson 

I currently use Power Bi for our reporting also, joining the assignment table and request table we obtain the assignment timestamp, assigned team, previous team assigned and the resolve by date and of course request ID,  if assignment timestamp is greater than resolve by date you can tell it was breached when assigned and what team it was with and so on, its not fool proof but its a metric we can deal with until the ability to report on status when assigned is available.

Prior to this I tried to use the escalation event notification being sent to team and pick up the timeline event (content preview) and filter to "escalation notification" but found the timeline update mentioned the team members and not the team name. Timeline updates are also not something i would recommend trying to report on :unsure:

Hope this helps 

Philip

@AndyGilly 

Hi @Philip Hanlon

Many thanks for sharing your approach with the community on the forum, hopefully that will help out someone in the same position. 

Ideally we would record this information at the point in time, so it could be easily reported upon - we have some changes in the pipeline, but as with all feature requests, they need to be reviewed and prioritised accordingly so it may not be available in the very near future. 

I am working on a potential workaround to gather this information and report on it within Hornbill at the moment. If it works, it's certainly not a pretty solution, but it might be one way of gathering this info without needing Power BI. I will post back here if it works, and is a feasible approach (as a stop gap until we introduce some dedicated functionality). 

Kind Regards

Bob

• Like 2