Project Progress Not Moving

Michael Sharp

@Michael Sharp thanks for your post.

Currently there is only one way to automatically update the overall progress of a project and that is to set the value in one of the available bpm operations. We are planning on adding more project logic functionality this year that will allow the behaviour that you require in your screenshot - for example, when a project milestone is completed, automatically update the project progress.

Alex

• Like 1

@Michael Sharp Project Manager has the ability to use the Hornbill Business Process engine, the same way other apps do, such as Service Manager.

Not all projects are rigid enough to use something that's so inflexible as a defined business process though which is why it's an option. In this screenshot, you can see the business process running against the project and what I meant in my last comment was that you could have a bpm operation (node) at the end of each stage which automatically updates the project progress.

In future updates you will see the ability to automatically calculate project progress based on milestone completion percentage added as an option to the logic settings of a project which are available to the project manager of each project.

Alex

Screen Shot 2020-01-14 at 10.01.12.png

Screen Shot 2020-01-14 at 10.06.32.png

Screen Shot 2020-01-14 at 10.08.08.png

• 3 months later...

@Nikolaj Everything at Hornbill works under the continuous delivery model, whether that's our platform, our core application, our business applications, our iBridge content pack or ITOM, amongst others. There have already been Project Manager updates this year and more will be released just as soon as they are ready. 

Unfortunately I am not at liberty to disclose the Project Manager roadmap publicly at this time.

Alex

• 2 years later...

@AlexTumber Late to the party, but my invite only arrived last week. Anyway - has there been any movement on the "Project Progress" dial?

If you look at the HB Demo site, the needle on the Office 365 Migration project has advanced to 45%. I have no idea how this is done; I accelerated the teams progress on the tasks in an effort to shift the needle, but it didn't budge. All the other demo projects...flatlined. This is something I'm extremely keen on utilising, not least because you can report on this element (and the management do love this sort of snappy info), but if it's not budging, it's useless.

image.png.7ac738ca174f191889e49a726fea6d35.png

@QEHNick thanks for your post.

The project progress dial is directly linked to the progress field in the main project details. We have plans to add automated operations for project business processes to automatically update this field etc, as well as other ways to automatically adjust the project progress but for now it's just a case of manually updating this field.

Alex

image.png