Michael Sharp

Project Progress Not Moving

@Michael Sharp thanks for your post.

Currently there is only one way to automatically update the overall progress of a project and that is to set the value in one of the available bpm operations. We are planning on adding more project logic functionality this year that will allow the behaviour that you require in your screenshot - for example, when a project milestone is completed, automatically update the project progress.

Alex

• Like 1

Hi @AlexTumberthanks for this.  Not sure I understand the concept of a BPM adjustment?  I'm not aware Project Manager runs under a BPM?  I was under the impression that milestones have an equal weighting and once complete, would adjust the overall project progress?

Regards,

Mike.

@Michael Sharp Project Manager has the ability to use the Hornbill Business Process engine, the same way other apps do, such as Service Manager.

Not all projects are rigid enough to use something that's so inflexible as a defined business process though which is why it's an option. In this screenshot, you can see the business process running against the project and what I meant in my last comment was that you could have a bpm operation (node) at the end of each stage which automatically updates the project progress.

In future updates you will see the ability to automatically calculate project progress based on milestone completion percentage added as an option to the logic settings of a project which are available to the project manager of each project.

Alex

Screen Shot 2020-01-14 at 10.01.12.png

Screen Shot 2020-01-14 at 10.06.32.png

Screen Shot 2020-01-14 at 10.08.08.png