Difference in logging tickets via the service list options

David Longley

when I try to log a ticket, the PCF takes you to the service list, but for some reason, I am only able to see a few of the services, not everyone. can someone tell me why this is as they are all configured the same?

What I mean is that when I click on eSP support service, it only shows the below:

image.png.6a0b594ef1cb8dfd624582b0e77a0b10.png

Within eSP support there should be two options. When I click on SDC Support, nothing else displays.

@David Longley looking at the screenshot my understanding is a this:

eSP Support and SDC Support are services

Web Connectivity (WLC) ... is a catalog item which resides under eSP Support service

5 minutes ago, David Longley said:

Within eSP support there should be two options

Which means the eSP service has two (or possibly more) catalog items which should be available for selection. There is a number of reasons why they might not be visible during PCF:

• the catalog item has not been published, it's either in Draft or Retired stage
  • the catalog item is configured to only be visible on portal but you raise a request from service desk
  • the catalog item is configured to only be visible on service desk but you raise a request from portal
  • the catalog item is configured for a request type that has not been enabled
  • the customer raising the is not subscribed to the catalog item

There is more information about this on our wiki here: https://wiki.hornbill.com/index.php/Services_Request_Configuration and here: https://wiki.hornbill.com/index.php/Request_Catalog

thanks @Victor, it would seem that it was this: the catalog item is configured to only be visible on portal but you raise a request from service desk

another question, when i select the service, how can i configure the system to then ask the person logging the ticket to fill out the PCF questions which is associated to the catalog item?

19 minutes ago, David Longley said:

how can i configure the system to then ask the person logging the ticket to fill out the PCF questions which is associated to the catalog item

You can find details how to do this here: https://wiki.hornbill.com/index.php/Progressive_Capture_Designer (Switch Capture section)

On the Switch Capture node, you can configure this to link to a specific new process, or use a Variable to link to the progressive capture linked to the request catalog item which has been chosen. In this example this is what we will do and the Variable to use would be Service details -> catalogProgressiveCaptureId

In the above, "process" refers to the PCF. To activate the PCF associated to the catalog item (which has the specific questions) then in your main PCF you need to use a Switch Capture node after the "Service Details" form. For this node simply have the switch to Service details -> catalogProgressiveCaptureId, the system will know which PCF to activated based on catalog item configuration.